there are times where i crave her

We all are afraid of being judged. Even if one says that they don't care what other people say about them, there is still that fear lingering inside our system.

'What would they think if I do this?' is probably one of the most asked question I say to myself every time I meet new people. Sometimes, it was just me wanting to impress the person but mostly I just want them to look at me as a normal person.

To me, she was always this scent of earth after rain. I've always find it so theraputic. Imagine standing in the middle of a rice paddy on a countryside and the sky is almost clear, the rain had just stopped. Inhale heavy air and let it fill your lungs until you can't store in more air in your lungs.

There are times where I crave her—not in a sexual manner, just her presence. She was always so laid back about everything and that's what makes me comfortable hanging around her.

"Don't you think that some people in our dorm might actually be allergic to cats? Also, we aren't even allowed to bring pets there."

She shrugs and continues to pet the small kitten inside the box. "It'll be easy hiding a cat."

The kitten snuggles on her hands as Ling giggles and continues to pat it. The rain had stopped a while ago and it so happened that someone just left the kitten outside to be wet in the rain. Ling found her as she was crying loudly and it can be heard from at least a block away.

"Ling, we can't have it stay there," I say, folding the umbrella we just used.

She pouts and holds the kitten in her arms. "No, you can't stop me!" she inches away from me, as if I was going to take away the cat from her.

I sigh, knowing that I could never defeat her. She was too stubborn. "Fine. But if the people there find out, I don't have anything to do with that."

"Whatever, I'll still keep her,"

"What are you gonna name it?"

"I have no idea," she stops for a moment and hums, "How about Mul?" she smiles at the kitten, now playing with its whiskers.

I raised an eyebrow at her, trying to convince myself that the name she had given the cat was good. "Mul? Isn't that like water in the Korean languange or something?"

"Exactly!" she exclaims, "Since we found her after the rain and all." I giggled at her. The fact that she was so random at things like this makes my cheeks tired from smiling.

She gets ideas from the most unexpected things, I understood that but really, she was just bad at giving names. Mul is like some idol group name, half-assed and the company just painted the meaning of the name there so it could look like it was thoroughly planned when in reality, it was just the opposite.

She stands up carrying the box where the kitten was originally placed and we started heading our way back to the dorm.

She had her strengths, this wasn't the time. But I've craved moments like this for a long time and it seems like as the time passes, it just gets worse.

I hope not.

---

Hi, sorry if this is just a filler chapter and if it's all over the place. I couldn't think of anything to write even though I had this plotted in my head already :( but nothing's coming up.

istg my skull is not empty. but instead of a brain there is lu keran halslsksks

 but instead of a brain there is lu keran halslsksks