The End... or Not

Andraste

I was making some porridge on the stove for breakfast when Asra finally came stumbling downstairs, rubbing the sleep from his eyes and his messy mop of white hair.

"Well good morning." I teased, gesturing to the late morning sun shining through the window, yet sending him a loving glance.

"Mmmrrrmmphh." Asra groaned and slumped down at the table. "You know I got in late last night." he added with a yawn and large stretch.

"Really? I didn't notice." I smiled and moved to put a warm cup of tea down in front of him.

Asra grinned and looked up at me with soft eyes, "You spoil me." he smiled and reached forward to land a quick peck on my cheek as I returned to the stove.

"I'm just glad you're back, I missed you so much." I replied and poured two bowls of the spiced oats and threw some cinnamon and apple slices on top, sneaking one to Faust as she coiled around the warm bowls.

"Yeah...a...about that...." Asra stumbled, putting down his cup of tea and stirring it, avoiding eye contact.

My good mood instantly sunk into one of disappointment as I looked over to him. "You're leaving again..."

"I'm so sorry... " he sighed and took my hands in his. "Nadia asked if I could gather some supplies for some more protection charms around the palace...The whole Lucio thing really got to her, even if she doesn't want to admit it."

"Yeah, it got to me too. I nearly lost my damn body to him." I said a bit more harshly than I intended to, pulling my hands away and walking over to the window, watching the morning vendors pack up their tents as the afternoon shopping began to start. Asra has been gone traveling for the past 3 weeks and I had been here alone... now he finally returns at the break of dawn... only to leave again.

"I-I know." Asra sighed and with a squeak his chair pushed away from the table. He walked up to me slowly, wrapped his arms around my waist and placed some tender kisses trailing up my neck. "But he's gone now... and you're safe. I promise I will protect you." he added, turning me around to face him.

I let my head sink and my eyes lingered on the floorboards of the shop. It may be selfish, but I really wanted Asra to stay. I need his comfort as much as Nadia does... if not more.

"Besides... I should be back by nightfall. This trip will be significantly shorter okay?"  He lifted my chin with his fingers and placed a longer, more meaningful kiss on my lips. I kissed back, holding on for dear life to his presence close to mine.

"Okay..." I sighed as our lips parted and he smiled warmly.

"Also.... I made sure to talk to Ilya and he said he could help you with your medicinal herb studies while I'm gone."

"Ilya? Teach? Ha that should be something to witness." I laughed and Asra joined in.

As I watched Asra pack up and walk off into the distance I sighed. I missed him already. He has been traveling quite a lot in the last two months since we defeated the Devil and stopped Lucio's plans. I don't want to discourage him, but I missed him. I felt very lonely here without his presence. The only one I have been able to hang out with is Julian, and while spending the night drunk and raving about the differences between magic and science is fun and all, there was a darkness in Ilya that could get a little out of hand. I would spend the rest of the evening talking him off some ledge with Castor and making a potent tea to put him to sleep. Which I worried I would start to relate to soon if I didn't get some difference in my social life.

As I turned around to head back inside I was almost taken out by Ilya himself, he looked to be in quite a hurry.

"Ah ha! Yes! Andraste, there you are! Come quick! I've made a discovery." He exclaimed, a fire in his eyes and grabbed my arm with a great force, dragging me into the city.