Chapter 1~Death in the Past

TANJIRO POV

I picked up my bag of charcoal and put it on my back.Then I hear my mom, Kie kamado calling me.

"Tanjiro?"mom said.I looked at her my face with soot all over it.

"Your face is full of soot.Come over here."She said.

"It's dangerous with all this snow.You don't have to go you know."Mom said while wiping the soot off my face.

"Well,I want everyone to eat their fill on New Years.So I must sell as much charcoal as I can. Either way I will have Nezuko here to help me sell all this charcoal faster and we can come home earlier."I replied.

"All right but come back safely."Mom said.

"Onii-chan!Are you going to town again, right?"Shigeru asked.

"I want to go with you onii-chan!"Hanako said.

"oh no your not.You can't walk as fast as tanjiro."Mom said.

"But once-chan is going!"Hanako whined.

"It's cause she is faster than you and can help tanjiro"Mom said.

"Mom~!"Said the whining Shegeru.

I'm just giggling at my younger siblings wanting to go with me when my mom keeps said no.

"You can't since he can't take the cart today, so he won't be able to give you a ride when your tired"Mom said.

"Onii-chan~!I want to go with you,I can help you sell charcoal!"Said Hanako while hugging me.

"Thank you"I said.

She brightened up but started frowning again when I said

"But your staying for today, I  also have Nezuko to help me."While I patted her head to get her to calm down and it worked.

"You too, Shigeru.I will get you lots of goodies!Okay?"I said.

"Really!!!"Shigeru said.

Yeah!"I said back.

"And Hanako,I will get you some goodies to and read to you when I come back."I said.

"Okay!!"Hanako Said.

"Thank you, Tanjiro."Mom said.

"Oh! And Takeo, can you chop as much wood as you can?"I asked Takeo.

"Fine,I can do it but I wanted to do it together."Takeo mumbled.

"There, there"I said while patting his head.

"What are you doing!!"Takeo yelped in surprise.

"Hey!Your blushing Takeo!~"Shigeru teased.

"No I'm not!!"Takeo yelled back.

"There, there." I said while patting his had again.

"I said cut it out!!!"Takeo yelled.

We all started laughing at Takeo pouting.

Than Nezuko came.

"Onii-chan!"Nezuko yelled.

"Sorry I made you wait,Onii-chan."she said.

"No,it's fine"I said back and smiled to her.

"I needed to put Rokuta to sleep or else she would make a big scene."She said while giggling.

"Hurry back onii-chan and one-chan!"Said Shigeru.

"Please be careful!"Yelled Hanako while we started waving good bye.

"Will see you later!!" Nezuko and I yelled back.

Me and Nezuko went our way up to the village.Me and Nezuko where quiet popular in the village.We both splitted paths so we can finish faster.

"Well Tanjiro, I can't believe you and Nezuko come here on a day like this! You guys are such hard workers!"One of the villager women said.

"It's not a very big deal with the help of my sister."I said.

"Hey Tanjiro!Can I have some charcoal?And thanks for fixing sliding doors the other day!" said an old man.

"I need some too!"Said another villager.

When suddenly, a bleeding, beaten man appeared.

"Hey Tanjiro!Great timing.Can you sniff this for me?"Said the beaten man

"I see a cat" I said.

"You See"said the man to another women.

(I'm going to skip  abit cause I'm lazy TWT)

Me and Nezuko finally finish selling all the charcoal after along day.

"That took a pretty long time huh onii-chan"said nezuko giggling  bit.

"yeah it did but luckily dad taught us the breathing technique huh"I said back.

She nodded sadly.Our father died cause of a sickness when we were little.

Than our conversation got interrupted by a sudden.

"Hey Kamados!Are you gonna come back to the mountains?You shouldn't you know!"Said old man Saburo.

"I have a good sense of smell"I said back.

"It's still dangerous so stay at my house for tonight."He said.

"But-."Said Nezuko interrupted.

"Don't argue! Come on now, before a demon comes."he said.

(I'm skipping more of you know the eating and explaining what a demon was sorry)

The Kamados then left Saburos house, heading towards their own.

I stopped because I smelled something that I had never wanted to smell Blood.

"I smell blood,Nezuko!"I said

We both started running and we saw something we wished we never saw.

Everyone in our family's blood painted our walls red.Their bodies were every where.

NEZUKO POV

Me and Tanjiro both stared in horror to see bodies and rivers of blood every where.

They all died. . . No one left . . . .It's just me and onii-chan now. . .

I broke down crying and yelling my lungs out.

'If only we arrived here sooner, . . . We failed you father. . .' Me and Tanjiro both though.

When suddenly a man a suddenly appeared.

                                                           Author's note 

          This is my first story so sorry if it's not good .I am no pro writer but I still hope you enjoyed it.Please tell me on how good or bad I did.It will help become a better writer!!Please and thank you~!!! I will update soon or I hope I will next week I hope.

 Have a good day or night where ever you are!!! GOOD BYE~~!!!