Raunchy

Paul McCartney had a friend that he met when he was 10 years old.  They both shared the same musical interest.  It had been one night when the Quarrymen preformed on stage, McCartney invited his friend to come and watch.  The young boy identified John right away as he sang on stage with his friend in the band.  

  Pete went home early for the night after the performance.  John talked with him before he went out.  He knew his friend was struggling with something, though he couldn't figure out what it was.  Soon afterwards John had apologized to him about the time where he beat him up after he got into an argument with him.  Lennon was quite fierce.

   Pete just shook his head telling John he had a headache ever since he punched his head into the wall.  Although, John had been drunk that one late night after a performance, and he complained to Pete about him spending too much time with his girlfriend Kathy.  Although he wouldn't let John convince him to split with her.

     After Pete Best left, John, Paul and Paul's younger friend caught a ride on the bus secretly.  They rode on the bus together as John looked seeing the boy.  Paul spoke,

"This is my friend...George."

"I know I've seen him. Little tod was being cut into by a bunch of punkers."  John said smoking a cigarette.

"He's fourteen.  But he can play as well!" Says Paul.

"He should be asleep where his mummy and daddy can say goodnight." Scoffs Lennon judging Harrison's younger features.  Although Paul looked too George,

"Come on then...show em'."

George had his acoustic guitar.  He tuned it too the way he wanted and then strummed and picked his guitar.  There was no singing, but the song was called Raunchy by Bill Hustis.  He played the guitar for John, and he watched the young boy play the song.  His guitar skills were amazing too Lennon, and he knew right away he had found his replacement lead guitarist. 

   McCartney's young friend was added into the band afterwards.  Though his younger looks may be deceiving for going into the Cavern Club.  McCartney, Lennon, and Best had too tell George that he needed to tell everyone he was fifteen when he went into the club.  Since he was now apart of the Quarrymen, he needed to act like it.

    It was another night at the Cavern Club and Georges' first performance on a stage.  He was quite nervous but, McCartney assured him everything was going to be alright.  Although John presented George Harrison and he wanted him to start out by playing his Raunchy song. 

  For a second Georges' heart raced, his mind had almost went blank, and sweat went down the side of his face with anxiety.  However, with fear of saying anything, he just started to play the song on his guitar.  Everyone looked to him in awe of his guitar picking skills.  

    Soon the Bass, Drums, and Rhythm guitar came in to help and it made him feel better.  He wasn't too scared anymore playing and picking at his guitar remembering the chords.  The catchy tune was music to everyone's ears including Lennon himself.  

  After the performance a person had been watching them from the far back of the Cavern near the bar area.  He looked much older, about late twenties and early thirties.  He wore a blue suit, white collared shirt, tie, and blue trousers.  The man wrote something down in a little book, then he puts it in his coat.  

   The Quarrymen was just about to leave when this older gentlemen came up too them.  The man spoke,

"Are you boys the Quarrymen?"

The three friends stop walking, and John looked to the man smoking his cigarette, "Yes?  Why?"

"I'm an observer for the Music industry and might I just say, you boy's have a potential for fame,"

"Not interested."  John spoke and walked past the man blowing a drag, the rest of his bandmates follow him.  The older gentleman caught back up to them,

"Please you can start recording your songs!  I can help you with your band and everything.  You can play anywhere in London, by hell you could get money!"

John stops and turns around facing the man,

"What's your name Mister?"

"I'm  Brian Epistien, a music coordinator and manager."  He held out a card with a name, adress, and number.  The older man looked to John,

"You do this, it can lead you to new path's Mr. Lennon."  

John looked to the man, and the card and then takes it.  Then he left walking away with his bandmates, although Brian knew he would either throw the card away, or keep it to call about the band.  And as they were walking back home  John looked at the card, his cigarette in his lips.  

  He took  out the cigarette and blew a drag holding onto the card.  Paul had walked up next to him,

"I think we should do it."  

John looked to Paul, "Well...I guess we could, it would be quite great to make an album."

    The two partners walked together and they were both confident about producing music, writing songs, and singing out to people.  It was something they wanted too do, it was a once in a lifetime opportunity.  Although they couldn't quite think up too many songs, they had played other music from 50s singers.

    When George got home he set his guitar on the ground in his room, he looked up too the small poster he had of Elvis.  He looked back down at the ground for a second thinking about how the king of rock became famous.  

   Just a young boy that got into trouble, but loved to play guitar.