Chapter 3

It's been a few weeks since the Ivanov brothers transferred into their new schools.

Needless to say, they both enjoyed where they were. Mikado being Mikado, was still not in any clubs and refused to join one since it was 'too tiresome', and Leonardo, he was getting through the year just fine.

"Hey Mika."

Hearing his nickname, he turned to Leonardo with a questioning look.

"Tomorrow your school's volleyball team is going against Aoba Johsai," turning to the younger brother Leonardo continued, "You should go and watch them play."

Mikado stared at his brother as if he'd grown another head, "Why would I have interest in my school's volleyball team?"

Leonardo sighed at his brother's response, "Mika, just because their reputation isn't that bright doesn't mean their bad. Besides, you like the sport."

"Tch."

"Don't 'tch' me Vladimir." Leonardo said while smacking Mikado on the head.

Mikado rubbed the back of his head, soothing the pain before slightly glaring at Leonardo, "Instead of worrying about me, shouldn't you be focusing on helping your volleyball team? You're the manager aren't you?"

"In my defense, the team that we're going up against aren't much of a threat. The only threat would be Aoba Johsai and perhaps Karasuno from what I see."

Before the brothers could continue their conversation, their grandmother cut in, telling the two to hurry off to bed.

"Ok obaa-sama, we will," turning to Mikado, Leonardo added, "I'll see you tomorrow I guess." before going into his room.

"Right.." Mikado muttered before going into his.

Laying on his bed, Mikado debated on whether or not he should go see the volleyball game.

Seijirou said that Oikawa is a extraordinary setter and his so-called pupil is also a prodigy....

A prodigy

That word left a bittersweet taste in Mikado's mouth. When you're considered a prodigy everyone expects something from you, and when you fail to meet the expectations they ridicule you. Either that or the word just becomes an excuse for people to use when you exceed at something, not even bothering to see the hard work you put into an achievement.

Besides, just because they have a prodigy setter doesn't mean the entire team is good, it's a team effort...

....

"Screw this.." was the last thing Mikado said before closing his eyes, submitting to the night.

(。-ω-)>c[_](。-ω-)>c[_](。-ω-)>c[_]

The next morning Mikado found himself standing in front of the Sendai City Gymnasium. Leonardo had woken up and left way before he had, resulting in him forgetting his keys. His grandmother had asked him to deliver the keys to him and being the oh so wonderful grandchild he is, Mikado complied.

Mikado sighed for the fifth time this morning before heading in and finding his brother.

"There's still time before any of the matches start so I'll have to find him quickly.."

After a few moments of searching, Mikado decided to go ask one of the receptionists where the Shiratorizawa volleyball team is until his eye caught a bundle of platinum blonde hair.