Chapter 1 Welcome, Flaky

My name is Flaky. I have very deep red hair and dark brown eyes. I have recently signed up for a job as a psychiatrist for a mental facility in the country area around Michigan. I have always wanted to help people and because I was really shy when I was young I was really bad at it, but now, with the help of my friends Giggles and Petunia, I have gotten a job at this facility. They also told me they needed a person to help anyway sense there was one patient that wouldn't talk to anyone and would lash out at anyone. I really hope I wasn't assigned to him or her.

When I got there it was like I was looking a plush, white cube. It made me feel unsafe and scared. I looked around the sides and didn't find any extra doors. What if we had a fire!? How could everyone get out!?

"Flaky!" I saw Giggles come out of the building, running. She jumped on to me and started to choke me to death.... er hug me to death. I started to cry from the lack of air.

"Giggles, come on! Let go! You're going to kill Flaky!" I tried to look up to see the voice and saw Petunia trying to pull Giggles off of me. My vision was blurry because of the tears that were springing from my eyes. I felt Giggles get off of me.

"Oh, my god! Flaky, I'm so sorry!" She started to repeat the word "sorry" over and over again, until Petunia finally calmed her down. I struggled to get up, but I managed and finally I was able on stand on my feet again.

"I'm fine, Giggles. I'm just a bit light-headed."

"Well now that that's settled. Let's go show Flaky around." Petunia started to walk towards the the door with Giggles hopping forward next to her and me trailing behind.

* * *

The tour was nice, and quite short. The staff there was nice and also small. Their names were Cuddles, Sniffles, Mr. Lumpy, Mole, and Toothy. Cuddles was my old childhood friend. I remember playing baseball with him everyday. Sniffles was a bit of a geek and had all sorts of theories about life. He also had a small crush on me in high school. Mr. Lumpy was the boss. He is very derpy, not in a bad way though. Mole was blind and not much of a talker. He seems really nice though. Lastly, Toothy is serious, but he could be funny. He told me he enjoyed sweets and hanging around with his pet turtle.

"Now, Flaky," Mr. Lumpy started. "it's time to give you a person you will record, visit, and talk to each day. Seeing how you're a shy and kind little girl."

I was very tiny for my age. I am older than Petunia and Giggles, but they are taller and Petunia was way more developed than me.

"I have assigned you to Flippy, patient 009."

Flippy. He sounds innocent enough. I have to be cautious though. I can't make any mistakes.

"What does Flippy have?" I asked so I would know what I was dealing with.

"He will tell you when you meet him." Mr. Lumpy was funny, but not much help. I looked from Mr. Lumpy to Petunia and Giggles. Giggles looked kind of scared, but hid it with a smile. Petunia looked upset and... jealous? It was hard to tell.

"Mole, can you guide Flaky to Flippy's room. Everyone else go get the equipment set up. Today we will be observing Flaky and Flippy! Don't feel any pressure, Flaky."

"O-okay! I won't." My voice started to crack and I started to mumble and stutter like my usual, shy self. Mole started to walk towards the left and the others start to spread out. I followed Mole like Mr. Lumpy instructed. It wasn't a long walk, but it was quite far. Flippy's door number had his patient number on it, 009, in a forest green type of color. Mole nudged me forward towards the door. My hands were sweaty and I felt as if I was about to pass out. My hand made it's way on to the knob. I turned it ever so slowly and, with baby steps, walked in. I felt eyes on me and it felt as if they were judging me. I closed the door slowly and tried to look up. My eyes opened slowly and I couldn't believe what I saw. It was a man with dark green hair and deep black eyes that made me feel oddly safe. He was dressed in a regular white patient uniform, but with a army green beret that sat on his head perfectly, he was also bare foot.

"H-hello there, my n-name is Flaky. It's nice t-to meet you." I tried to sound as comfortable and genuine as possible, but my fear was so overwhelming that it was difficult to just swallow it down.

"My name is Flippy. It's an honor to meet you, ma'am" He stood up from his chair and bowed his head down. He soon lifted it back up and just started at me. I walked slowly towards the chair across Flippy's and sat down. He soon sat down after me. I thought asking some general questions to form a bond would be a good start.

"So, what is your favorite color?"

"I like green and red a lot. They go great together."

"Do you like Christmas then?"

"No."

"Is there any real reason why?"

"I used to just like green, but your hair is such a pretty sight that I started to like red too." My face instantly heated up after he said "your hair". Is he trying to hit on me?

"Your face is super cute too. It's all red and flustered." I looked up to see him smiling. His smile was warm, but he words were so embarrassing.

"N-new question! How old are you?" I tried to get off the topic of me being cute.

"I'm nineteen and my birthday is November twelfth."

"That's cool. Your birthday is coming soon."

"I guess it is. So, how old are you? Not to be rude or anything." I wanted to laugh at his flushed face. It was cute.

"It's fine and I'm twenty-three."

"Really?! You don't look at all your age. You look like your thirteen!"

"Thank you, that is really sweet of you... I think."

"You're welcome! I'm glad you took it as a compliment."

"Well, I have to leave in a couple of minutes, do you have anything else to say to me?"

"Your leaving? Why do you have to go? Did I do something wrong?" He started to freak out. His voice sounded so sad.

"No, you were really good and you don't need to worry I'll be back tomorrow." I tried walking away when I noticed that, at some point, Flippy grabbed my wrist. I felt his grip tighten as I tried to walk away.

"Promise me, you'll come back." I looked at him, his eyes were so captivating. I felt like I had to promise him.

"I promise." He let go of my wrist. I walked towards the door and waved goodbye to him. I wish I had more time to speak to him. He is a really sweet boy.

"Bye! See you tomorrow, Flaky!"

"See you tomorrow too, Flippy!" I closed the door behind me and when I looked up everyone was giving me stares as if I was like I was some magical peace maker.

"W-what?" Their stares were starting to scare me. Sadly, nobody gave me an answer. They all started to just walk away. Mole came over to me and gave me a piece of paper that said "Be here at 7:00 a.m tomorrow. ~Mr. Lumpy." I couldn't help but smile. I got the job. I got the job! I was internally fangirling. I started to walk away with a huge dorky smile on my face. This is the best day ever!