Chapter 2

I was in carriage with two pretty white horses in the front. I was in the car alone with the investigator from before. We were headed to the orphanage where I would be staying for a while. I dont think I'll ever get adopted, since everyone wants the smaller kids. Im fourteen for christ's sake, nobody's gonna want me. We came to a stop and the investigator held open the door for me. I stepped out and looked up at the tall-ish building. It was an orphanage for girls, and the few girls in the window were pointing at me, and talking. I stepped inside and the lady, who I'm guessing owned the place, warmly greeted me.

"Good morning, dear. You'll be staying with us for a little while, so you might as well get to know the others. I'm Ms. Minory, pleasure to meet you. What might your name be?"

"Ummm... [Name.]. Pleasure to meet you too..."

The other girls walked over to me and started to introduce themselves one by one. I didnt pay attention though, mainly cause I didnt care in the slightest. Because after everything that's happened, I just want to die.

No...

I feel like I need to die.

Hell, I was there for a week and three days. The world could have ended me right there. Why did I scream for help?

I guess its because I now know what happens after death. Well, not entirely. I still dont know what happens to your soul. I could only tell you what happens to the body when it dies, and it's not a pretty sight. It's like I can still smell the stench of rotting flesh and organs the more I think about it. I might just be going crazy, but I just cant forget everything that's happened to me recently. It keeps playing over and over in my head on repeat, like a broken record. The same exact thing played again and again.

"Hey are you okay? You're staring off into space..." a little girl said, waving her hand in front of my face. I just said I was fine and followed Ms. Minory to my room. My room wasnt much at all and to top it off, I was in a room with five other girls. Great.

~

I rolled over and tried to cover my ears with my pillow. The other five girls were giggling and whispering to one another, and I was kinda fed up with it.

"Oi, could you shut the hell up please? I'm trying to sleep." I said loud enough they could hear.

"You dont have to be so rude."

"You cussed, Im telling Ms. Minory tomorrow morning."

"We can talk if we want to."

"Why dont you shut up?"

"Watch your language."

They all said something diffrent, and it only pissed me off more. Especially the damn girl who told me to shut up. I think she said her name was Olivia? She was thirteen I think, and shes already on my 'I-want-to-kill-this-person' list.

I sat up and threw my pillow at her face pretty harshly, and knocked her off of her bed and onto the floor.

"I dont think you heard me correctly, so let me say it again... Shut. The. Fuck. Up. You damn hypocrite, and that goes for all of you damn extras."

The other girls stared at me in disbelief until Olivia got up, and walked over to my bed, which to be honest, was just some metal with a mattress on it. She grabbed me by the collar of my nightgown and slapped me across the face, and hard. My blood was boiling at this point and something in me snapped. I grabbed her by her shoulders, stood up, and shook her violently. She grabbed my neck and started trying to choke me, so I grabbed her long, black, curly hair, and threw her head against the wall. Her head was now bleeding, and she was on the verge of tears. She punched me in the chest and I kicked her stomach, which only made thing worse and we were now full on fighting.

(Can I get a waffle? Can I please get a waffle? )

The grabbed the collar of my nightgown and slammed me into the wall over and over again. I kicked her in the stomach again, and when she kneeled down a bit I kicked her in the boob, cause I know it hurts like hell. She held her chest and I tried putting her in a headlock, and choked her. She bit down on my arm and I punched her in the head, trying to make her let go. I punched the side of her face, directly on her jaw, and she finally let go. I grabbed her wrists and pinned them behind her, then put my knee on her back and pushed it down as hard as I could. She squirmed trying to get out, but she hardly moved an inch.

The other girls started panicking when we had started fighting and one of them told another to go get Ms. Minory. Of course she came bursting through here while we were in this position, and obviously didnt like it. She pulled me off of her and Olivia started trying to push me. The other girls restrained her and I was pulled out of the room, only to be lectured.
In the end I got a punishment, and I was not allowed to have cake after dinner for the next week, had to sleep in a room by myself until further notice, and was only allowed to come out of my room of it was to eat or use the bathroom.

"And you have to write and apology letter to Olivia, and the other four girls for your behavior. As for foul language, I might just have you out soap in your mouth next time. I'll let you out on a warning for that one. Just because you've lost your family and dont want to get along with anyone here. That doesn't give you any right to be a bully to others. Now what do you have to say about yourself?" She grabbed my ear and pulled it slightly.

"First of all, let go of me, now. Second, I dont have anything to say to myself cause I'm not disappointed in myself."

She gave me a pissed off look and let go of my ear. She pointed down the hall to a door with a few stickers on it. I walked over to it and opened it. It was only a bed and a window in the room, nothing else.

"Hey, can I have a candle in here? I don't like the dark."

"No. You can just open the curtains to the window. "

"But what if someone is out there and sees me trying to sleep?"

"Child, quit being so naive. Who would be watching you sleep, you're on the third floor. Nobody would be able to see you,"

"Ma'am, please?"
I said, facing her now.

"No, now goodnight."

She closed the door and left me alone. I sighed and walked to the bed, with just a blanket and pillow. I pulled back the curtains and a dull light of the moon shined on the other side of the room. I lied down and looked out of the window, and could only see the roof of buildings and houses. Houses with people sleeping so peacefully and without a care in the world. The giant clock tower stood out above everything. The clock would always strike when it hit midnight, and it would do the same at noon. Exactly 12:00 a.m, and 12:00 p.m. I looked a little closer at the clock tower and noticed something red on it. It kept jumping from building to building, without a care. It seemed like a person, but how could any human be doing that?

What the hell is that?