• 110 •

Author's Note:
Kindly reread from Chapter 108, I happened to miss out a certain chapter while uploading. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Penny's POV

As soon as I ended the call, the squeaking of my shoes on the court alerted Juan of my existence. It prompted him to turn at the direction of the noise. He saw me from across the court and started blabbering nonsense.

"There's no need to explain, Nat. I understand completely."

Actually, there's a lot to explain, Juan. You don't completely understand. But he continued his monologue as I inched closer to him.

"You wanted to get him back since Day 1, I know."

Yes, but everything changed when I met you. Closer and closer I went; steps were unceasingly drawing near him.

"I'm happy for the both of you, really. And if you're happy, I'm happy too."

Lies. Lies. Lies.

I started to pick up my pace, 'cause I wanted to do it so badly. I want to give it to him. The only thing that would keep those lips shut.

As I was only a few steps away, he started to open his mouth again, lips parting. But to no avail, he wasn't able to make any sound.

"Just shut up and kiss me."

I immediately pulled him into a passionate kiss. My fingers crawled from his neck and up to his head, messing his hair and pulling him deeper. He wasn't able to utter a word. I can feel his shock radiating. It definitely took him by surprise.

I broke from the kiss to say something and a tiny hint of displeasure painted his face. He was quite disappointed, but I wanted to let him know first.

"Hindi ka pansamantala, Juan. Pang-matagalan ka."