Part 12

Your POV:

Levi had decided to push off all his duties today to make sure I had a day away from HQ, he even put aside cleaning. I have no idea where we're going. "Levi can't we just go back to HQ? I don't really want to be out of bed." I kick a pebble further down the dirt road. "It's not that far..we could just turn back around." I glance over at Levi and see that he's shaking his head. "Y/n you don't need to be in bed all day." I glare at him. "Fine. The least you could do is tell me about what you said last night." His lips press into a thin line. I recognize the look of sadness in his eyes. It was the same look I had the other night when I looked in the mirror after our expedition. After I lost my dearest friends. "Levi no.." I whisper causing him to stop and look over at me. "You lost someone close too, didn't you?" I can see Levi biting the insides of his cheeks.

"Yes, I did." A look of sadness washes of Levi's face but he quickly returns to his stoic expression. I had this overwhelming feeling to hug Levi, to hug him as tight as I could. Should I? Would it be weird? Fuck it. I wrap my arms around Levi's neck and squeeze tightly. "I am so sorry for your loss." I whisper to him. He stands there frozen for a few moments before putting his arms around my waist. It felt like Levi hadn't been hugged in ages cause he was so tense. "Who were they?" I ask letting go of Levi and taking his hand in mine. "My best friends." I could tell that the thought of his friends was hurting Levi. "Hey don't worry about telling me, okay? Whenever you're ready." He looked so shocked at my response before giving a soft nod. I had just seen a side of Levi that I had never seen before. Gentle? No. Soft? No. Afraid? Maybe. Hurt? Hurt. He was genuinely hurt over losing his friends.

"We better get going before it gets too late. We have to be back by 4 for your training." There's the Levi I'd met in the slums. Cold and emotional less. Was there more to him than that? "Yeah." I let go of his hand and begin walking. We walked in silence until we got into town. "I've never been above ground here before." I take in the sight of people scrambling from one store to another and livestock being transported.  "Wait here I'll be back. Don't get lost." Levi mumbled the last part before walking away. "Whatever I won't get lost." I yell at him before he retreats into a store.

A barrel full of flowers across the street catches my attention. As I'm walking over to look at them a blonde haired male bumps into me. "Watch where you're going slut." He mumbles and continues to walk. "Excuse me?" He turns around. "Slut." The man walks closer to me and raises his hand. Before he can hit me I grab his lower arm and kick his feet out from underneath him. "I'm sorry what did you say?" I whisper into his ear as he's on the ground with his arm pinned behind him. "What's going on here?" A tall lanky brunette woman wades through the crowd. "I-I didn't do anything! This scum just attacked me!" I dig my nails deeper into his skin. "Lair!" The woman shakes her head. "I'm sorry ma'am but you're gonna have to come with me." I notice the woman's green uniform. Fucking military police. "He's the one who-" Before I can even finish my sentence my hands are placed in handcuffs and a hand is placed on the back of my head.

"What have you gotten yourself into brat?" Levi is standing off to the side with a brown paper bag. "Levi! I didn't do anything!" The brunette woman looks at Levi and back to me. "This trouble maker is with you corporal?" Levi rubs his temples and sighs. "Yes." The handcuffs are removed and so is the hand. "We're sorry about that captain." The woman salutes Levi and quickly scurries away. I rub my wrists and look at Levi. "I said don't get lost. Not get into trouble. What you were even doing y/n?" He shakes his head and gently grabs my arm and leads me out of the crowd. "He called me a slut! What was I supposed to do? Stand there?" Levi's steel colored eyes lock with my e/c ones. "I suppose that's a good reason y/n."

~time skip~

After a comfortable walk in silence we had finally reached a small lake of water. "So just to be clear you brought me to water?" I ask Levi looking over my shoulder. "It's calming to be here." He lays out a blanket on the ground and sits down. I walk closer to the water and gaze out into it. The sun is reflecting off of it and I can hear birds chirping. Maybe he's right. It's calming to be here. I turn around and make my way to Levi. Once I'm there I sit down beside him. "What's in the bag?" I take the bag from beside Levi and open it. "It's rather rude to look at others belongings y/n." I roll my eyes and continue to look inside. There's two sandwiches wrapped up in cloth and a bottle of wine. "Wine?" A small blush forms on Levi's cheeks and he rubs the back of his neck. How cute I think to myself. "I thought it would be a nice surprise." He sounded nervous. "Is that a hint of nervousness I hear in your voice?" I ask picking up the wine bottle and smirking at him.

Levi's POV:

"Is that a hint of nervousness I hear in your voice?" Y/n asks picking up the wine bottle and smirks at me. "N-No!" I don't know what it was about y/n but she brought out feelings in me that I'd never felt before. She makes me feel things I don't know how to explain. Y/n scoots closer to me and pops the cork off the wine bottle. "First drink goes to you." She hands me the bottle and smiles. I take the bottle and take a drink then pass it back. "Levi you drink like a girl." Y/n takes the bottle and take a big drink. "Well excuse me if I didn't know your preferences y/n." She looks over at me. "I didn't mean to offend you I just thought-" I shake my head and a small smile tugs at me lips. "I never said you offended me y/n." She smiles and lays her head on my shoulder.

"You were right it's so calming here." The real reason I brought y/n here was so we'd finally be able to spend time together. "I thought you might like it. It's nice when the stars are out too." I place my arm around y/n and hug her gently. "Really? I love the stars Levi. I've never been able to look at them until a couple weeks ago. I'd love to study more abkut them." Y/n sits up with bottle in hand and looks at me. "You know I think I might be able to get some books for you." Her e/c eyes light up with joy. "Really Levi?" Y/n is basically bursting with excitement. "I think so." Y/n tackles me to the ground with a hug. "Thank you Levi!" Y/ns h/c hair frames her face as she looks down at me. She's sitting on top of my chest now looking down at me. "Are you sure it wouldn't be much trouble?" I'd never seen this side of y/n. She was curious, it didn't seem like she had a wall up. She was filled with childlike wonder. I suppose it's from her never really having a childhood. "I'm sure."