Finale: Geoffrey McCullum

I shuddered at the slight draft gently tickling the soles of my feet. I noticed that the draft was coming in from under the door, I'd have to remind Geoffrey to fix that later, I thought with a sigh. Rising slowly from the leather couch, I made my way down the hallway towards the kitchen. I couldn't help but to stop when I noticed the large number of weapons that cluttered about on the ivory-colored wall. If I was in anyone else's house I'd be alarmed, but I know what Geoffrey does. Stepping back slightly my eyes fall upon a shiny jeweled dagger, carefully picking it up I admired its beauty. However, this moment was short-lived when the thoughts of just how many vampires have been extinguished with it. Shaking off the thoughts, I quickly mounted it back on the wall and began pacing the living room. Although those thoughts were gone my mind shifted to a certain vampire, Jonathan. I can't help but feel guilty for his heartache. Memories of his hurt expression fly through my mind. I was technically responsible for his hurt feelings, I shouldn't have led him on. Especially when I already knew my feelings for Geoffrey were deep-rooted. The history I shared with him was unbreakable, he knew my flaws as did I know his. We were the missing pieces to each other's puzzles. The sound of the front door flying open ripped me from my thoughts. Jumping slightly, I was greeted by the sight of my love. I watched as he placed a bloodied sword on the marble table and released a heavy sigh. It didn't take long for him to finally notice my presence. His startled expression quickly changed to a warm smile as he strode over to me.

"Hello love," He said, while gently placing small kisses all over my forehead, "Is everything okay?"

I nod in response and return a warm smile, " How was your day," I ask while kissing his cheek before taking a seat back on the couch.

"You know the usual. Although this one bloody leech just refused to die, I had to fully remove the head," He said, while slipping his trench coat on the coat rack, "It seems like more and more of them surface every day."

Slipping off his leather boots, Geoffrey seated himself on the couch next to me with a heavy, tired groan. His emerald eyes appeared deprived of energy as he creased his dark brows, sighing to himself. I feel pity for poor Geoffrey; he must spend a lot of energy slaying skals and hostile vampires to keep the streets of London clean. Suddenly, I feel his strong, muscular arms wrap around my small figure, followed by the sensation of his breath tickling my neck. He held me as a little girl would hold a doll; tightly and securely like it is their greatest and most loved possession. Curiously, my (e/c) eyes glanced up to his face and laid upon his resting expression. His eyes were closed and he seemed content, free of any worries that he may have had.

"You are truly a gem, my love; the greatest blessing that one can bestow upon me. You've been by my side since day one and I am pleased you will be by my side for the rest of my life. I knew well that Jonathan could never love you as much as I do, for you mean everything to me. You are my peace and my reason to continue hunting these bloody vampires," he spoke softly into my ears.

"Ah Geoffrey, you're too sweet. I do not mean to ruin such an intimate moment but I must inquire... do you harbor ill feelings toward Jonathan still? I understand that he does love me... but I only see him as a friend, nothing more. I just don't want you to feel such hatred toward him."

"Although I don't like how that bastard tried to sweep you off your feet, I must say I do not have a strong hatred toward him. He is a bloody leech indeed, but I am no better than him for he is the one who turned me... so we are the same. I will never forgive him for turning me into an immortal, yet I have no strong feelings toward him. I was considering him an ally at one point but alas, we could never be allies."

"And what makes you say that?"

"I am a hunter and he is my prey. Surely, you know that a predator cannot befriend its prey, my love."