XIII

I gasped as I woke up, looking around me terrified as I couldn't see through the darkness.

"Shh, it's okay" a voice said from beside me as they squeezed my hand.

"W-Where am I" I asked, looking around frantically.

"You're back in Alesia" they replied.

"Who are you" I asked, closing my eyes again as I tried to relax.

"It's me, Remus" he said gently as he brushed my hair out of my eyes.

"W-What happened" I asked as I tried to roll over to face him but gasped as pain spiked through my body.

"Shh, it's okay, baby. You need to rest otherwise you'll hurt yourself" he sighed, squeezing my hand as he helped me back onto my back.

"I should be fine by now. What's wrong with me" I asked as I turned my head to look at him.

"Osanna thinks that you may have been injured when we landed or that it could be from coming back from the dead" he replied.

I just nodded and sighed before asking, "Did I receive anything from the Romans?"

"Yes you did. It was another letter from Caesar. We've both been declared infamia and he will make you his personal slave if he ever catches you" he sighed.

"I'm not surprised. I just have to try not to get caught then" I sighed as he opened the window.

"I was visited by my father after you passed out last night" he said quietly.

"What did he say" I asked worriedly.

"That he was proud of me for finally doing what I wanted. Lucas, all of my life I have done my best to play the part of a good Roman male. To look for a wife I didn't want, to be a good soldier, to do what I'm told, to bring my family honor after my mother brought shame upon it by having Brennos. He understands that I haven't ever faltered until I met you. Lucas, you bring me a happiness that I didn't know before. You showed me that sometimes your superiors don't have your best interest at heart and that sometimes, to really find yourself, you have to break the rules" he said quietly.

I gasped as I forced myself to a sitting position, trying to ignore the pain that coursed throughout my body. "Sometimes, breaking the rules is the best part," I said, smiling weakly.

"Lucas, you shouldn't push yourself too much, you could injure yourself further" he replied worriedly.

"Some things are worth the pain" I whispered as I leaned over and cupped his face in my hand.

"Baby, I'm serious. You could really injure yourself" he said but didn't pull away from my touch.

"I'm used to pain, Remus, I can deal with it" I sighed, staring at his eyes.

"You don't have to be anymore" he replied, kissing me gently as he moved to sit beside me on the bed.

I smiled against his lips as my fingers wound their way into his hair. One of his hands slid down so that it was resting beside me while the other gripped my waist. I gasped slightly as he bit my bottom lip, giving him easy access to explore my mouth.

"What the hell are you two doing in here" a woman's voice asked from the doorway.

I squeaked, turning bright red as Remus pulled away from me.

"Making out with my boyfriend, is there a problem, Osanna" Remus asked as he looked over at her.

"Yes actually, he's injured and on bed rest" Osanna sighed exasperated as I turned redder.