New Kid

"Mr. Kaspbrak. Mr. Kaspbrak? Um, Eddie Kaspbrak?"

After the third time my name was called I snapped back into reality. I was distracted by the thought of what had just happened moments earlier.

I practically had to beg my mom not to walk me into school. I was a junior for god's sake, but my mother was still extremely protective. I kept reliving that moment to really create a distraction so I wouldn't vomit from how nervous I was.

I blink hard and bolt up. "Yes, ma'am?" I finally responded. She points to a boy, who seems to be around my age, and explains, "This is Bill Denbrough. He's going to be your peer counselor for a little while, at least just until you get the hang of the school."

The boy with the very round face and very large eyes smiles, "H-Hi. Do you w-w-want to stop by the ca-cafeteria to get breakfast or have you already e-eaten?"

He was very soft-spoken and clearly had a stutter.

I reply, "I'm fine, thank you."

He leads me out of the office and says he's going to introduce me to his group of friends.

Five guys and one girl were all gathered around and inside a trunk of a light blue truck. They were extremely loud and lost in about a million conversations. So lost that they didn't even notice neither me nor their friend walk up to them.

Bill announces, "G-guys! Th-this is Eddie Kaspbrak, he's new here. He's the kid I t-told you guys I was peer c-counseling."

Immediately a tall guy with glasses and dark, messy hair hops out of the trunk and introduces himself.

"Sup' Edds. I'm Richie Tozier. You a freshman?"

I reply, slightly irritated, "Um, no actually. I'm a junior. And I don't really like to be called Edds."

"I'm Beverley Marsh. You can call me Bev if you want though." The girl with the short, red hair said. "And I'm Ben. Welcome new kid." Another boy introduced himself.

One by one the rest of them welcomed me. Mike and Stanley were the other two.

Mike was very tall and had a manly build, whereas Stanley, who was tall as well, happened to be pretty skinny.

"Fuck, first period is in five minutes." Bev complains as she tosses her cigarette bud to the ground.

Bill tells me, "W-we should probably g-get going now Eddie. I need to walk you t-to your f-f-first cl-class which isn't too close to my first classr-room." I nod and begin walking away with him.

"Hey newbie, we're the losers club. Welcome." Richie yells as we're walking away.

The Losers Club. What an odd name for that group of people. They didn't seem like losers. Mostly everyone who passed them knew who they were and said hello. They all had an extremely cool vibe, and for the most part had noticeably huge egos.

Once Bill leaves me, I sit down at a desk in the back row. I would like to go pretty unnoticed being the new kid and such. The english class begins, but nothing eventful happens considering the fact that it is only the first day of school.

Ten minutes left, and everyone begins to pack up.

"You're new here, right?" A voice coming from my right asks.

I face her and nod, "Yeah. I'm Eddie." "I'm Cassie Learner." She replies.

"What made you come to this hell hole? You got people you know here?" She asks. I shrug, "I just moved to this area. And as for friends, I don't really have those. This morning I was hanging around this guy named Bill and his friends-" "The losers club." Cassie interrupts.