Chapter 12

After Sarah's birthday, Shan went for a small shopping with his friend Jafar in which he purchased several shirts..
A yellow kurta and white paijama..
His reception attire..
His chauthi attire..
(Chauthi is a ceremony which is held right after the reception..in which the groom and the bride play several games at the bride's house..)

He had a bachelor party with his friends at the royal cafe...
He returned back to his home after the party.
Since it was his wedding,he felt that he had to give the money to his father to arrange the wedding.
He signed a cheque of worth 4 lacs and forced his father to take it...although he wasn't ready to take it.
And then..he went back to Uttrakhand.
He worked...worked ...and worked.
..
No time for anyone..not even Sarah ....
He just texted her on the eve of new year..."Happy new year..!"
Just..
During this time..he even suffered from viral fever..but yet..he continued working..
Such was his condition..that Zehra had to go to his place to look after him..

Due to the hectic schedule and his illness,Shan didn't get time to message Sarah.
One day when Zehra was talking to Sheeza..Sarah learnt that Shan was having viral fever.

It was Jan 18..few days before the wedding..when Zehra called Sheeza to inform that Shan's manjha (haldi) would be held on 2nd of February and they have to come.
At the same time,she requested Sheeza to pray for Shan's health..

In the midnight of 18th Jan..
Sarah tried calling Shan..
He didn't reply first..
She called back..
He was coughing hard when he picked the phone..

Shan-"Yes..Sarah..how are you..?"

Sarah-"Leave it ..you tell me ..how are you..?"

Shan- "well..i can't say that I'm fine..i am having a perilous viral..!"

Sarah-"Itni badi baat hogayi..aur aap ne hame ek baar bhi nhi btaya..!"
(You didn't tell me even once..)

Shan-"You..know..na..due to the work schedule and the elections..i'm busy..and when i get back to home..i just sleep..!"

Sarah started to sob..

Shan-"Sarah..tum ro..rhi ho..
Yaar itni si baat pe kaun rota hai..
Allah ke fazlo karam ..se meri sehat me sudhaar aa rha hai...!"
(Sarah,why are you crying..who cries at stuff as such..By God's grace,my health is improving..)

Sarah-"You are ill there..and I'm busy celebrating bridal shower..and other stuffs...!"

Shan-"So what's the big deal there..
Why you wanna influence your happiness for me..Look Sarah...I am going to marry you..not purchase you..!"

Sarah-"What did the doctor say..?"

Shan-"He said that I'll recover soon..if i take my meals on time..!"

Sarah nodded.

Shan-"Ok..Sarah..i'm not able to talk..I'm having throat pain..!"

Sarah-"Ok..!"

They cut the phone.

This gave stress to Sarah.
She did nothing..except prayers..
In the due course of their wedding,the didn't talk much..
Shan was very busy and then his illness .
Sarah could only get his information through her mother in law when she talked to Sarah.

Zehra and Sarah talked to each other.
Sarah was comfortable with her mother in law..
Zehra informed her that one night his condition was at worst..
He could not sleep throughout the night due to high fever.
But she was relieved..
By Jan 23..Shan had recovered.

Zehra left for Lucknow..the very moment Shan recovered.
There were various preparations going at Shan's house.
The house got painted.
Day by day...one or the other relative started to arrive...
Our groom was expected to arrive on 1st of February..

After hearing the news of Shan's recovery,Sarah was relieved.
Sitting in her room on 31st Jan along with her best friend Sumbul..
She talked with her..
Sarah's pov..

Sarah-"Sumbul, I don't know ...what is it..?"

Sumbul- "Uff..Allah..this girl..what you don't know ..what is yet to be cleared..you have your manjha (Haldi) tomorrow..!!"

Sarah-"I don't know..whether its love or affection..?"

Sumbul- "Listen Sarah,the boy whom your parents have chosen is a gem .Remember, he is the one..who finished all his works and managed to come to lucknow..!"

Sarah-"Yeah..but still..!"

Sheeza was listening this.
She came to Sarah and said.."Sarah,my child..you know how important you are to us..I know you must be nervous..although you know Shan's family but you don't know Shan..but trust Allah..marriages are made in heaven..He is the perfect match for you..!"

Sumbul-"Sarah..aunty is right..I know he speaks less..but believe us..we know you..he is the right man for you..!"

Sarah had her eyes wept seeing her mother.Sheeza consoled her-"Beta,tum apni nayi zindagi ki shuruwaat karne jaa rhi ho..bilkul mat ro..!"
(Daughter, you're going to start your new life..no more crying..!)

Sheeza called her to the dining table.Seeing her father,she couldn't control her tears.Her father just said one thing -"Sarah,I'm giving your hand in his hand..I hope that you'll keep up the name of your father as you have done till date..!"

Sarah nodded in yes..

Qasim-"I can still remember the moment when Sarah came in my life.I can never forget how she clamoured ..how she cried when she fell..how I gave her a ride by becoming a horse...!"

Aliza-"Oh ..ho..Stop father..let us eat food..!"
Aliza was showing as if she didn't care for her sister.While everybody even Ali was sad, her inclination was towards food.
After the food..She slept for a last time along with her mother.

Shan was busy packing his bags.He was given a party by his cadre mates.Finishing off, he boarded his flight from the Dehradun airport and landed at Lucknow airport.

His brother Rumi and his son Arish had come to pick him up.
Arish was sleeping in Rumi's arm.
The brothers hugged each other.
Rumi said..-"Tumhara intezaar karte karte yeh so gaya..!"
(He slept waiting for you..!)

Shan kissed at the sleeping baby.They went to their home where all of his relatives have gathered.
He wished everyone.All inquired of his health .After having the dinner..he had nothing to do but sleep as it was already 12:00 a.m.

Tommorrow his in-laws are going to come his home to meet him and also to give him his wedding sherwani.
Being a boy,he was nervous.
He slept.

===============================
To be updated soon