1. Pain in the Foot

AUBREY POV

I am walking down the road, the trees blowing in the soft wind. The breeze brushes against my face and I start to feel happy. I know today is going to be great. The cars pass by slowly, and the sunlight reflects onto their windows. The wind is fairly heavier than usual, even though it was calm.

I am making my way to the shop, just a few roads away. This shop is prominent in this town for its delicious mayonnaise. I know I must stock up on some, as my family are coming over soon. Mayonnaise is delicious for us, especially my younger brother Liam. I remember when we were children and we would make tasty sandwiches using only baguettes and the special sauce. I miss the old days. I miss when I had all of my friends around.

Now, I'm pretty much alone. I live in a small bungalow by a small school. Everything in my location is small. Except for the large house at the top of the hill. Oh, yes, the large house at the top of the hill:

It's falling down, ever so slightly. The bricks are almost turning black because it has been up for so long. You would think that this house would be popular because of its size. No, it isn't. Neither is its owner. In fact, no one even knows who the owner is.

I have always dreamed of going inside the house. Wouldn't it be grand to enter a house as immense as that? I keep on walking along, thinking about this magnificent house. Imagine the towering walls, displaying beautiful paintings. I would love to have paintings all over my house... art is gorgeous!

I can imagine the soft, fluffy furniture in the master bedroom: a tremendous bed with delicate pillows. I can already envision a colossal window with a set of lilac, velvet curtains. In my head, I picture me sleeping in the bed, with someone else. But who is it?

Perhaps, it's just my lonely brain imagining me with some friends.

I cross the road, deep in my thoughts.

But now I think about it, I can picture this person on the bed lying rather close to me. Too close, in fact. I can already picture them coming closer, and closer, and...

My thoughts are suddenly delayed. My eyes are closed. I am breathing heavily. I can't move. I can't move at all. I want to, though,

Suddenly, my eyes open. A sharp pain travels to my foot. I cry out in pain!

"OH MY GOD!"

It's throbbing. I sit up quickly and try to get up - I can't! My eyes widen as I see a black car right in front of my face. I look up to see a figure getting out of this car. Their face looks horrified and they gulp.

I am scared. Who is this person? What happened? I quickly shut my eyes, pretending to have lost consciousness.

The person looks over at me and slowly shuts their car door. They carefully pick me up and examine me.

"I must hide her! What if the police found out I hit her with my car?"

Something is going off in my mind. Hit me with a car!? I must inform this person they aren't getting away with this!

NOAH POV

I feel so guilty for my actions. How could I hit a poor, innocent girl with a car? By looking at her, I can tell she's either unconscious, or you know...

Dead...

I open up my car door and conscientiously put her body in the back two seats. I don't think twice about putting a seat belt on her. If she's not dead, I need to kill her. I cannot be having her know about the accident. I'm not having bad rumours about me going around. My job is very important, and I will not accept having my reputation ruined by some young, dopey girl - who I just so happened to hit with a car.

AUBREY POV

After being dragged into his car, I feel as though I should really get out now. I open my eyes let out a bloodcurdling scream.

He turns round and I can tell he is shocked. From his pocket, I see her reaches for a knife. He points it right at me.

"I thought you were dead! Get out of my car, NOW!"

I gulp. I try to move, but my foot is causing me immense pain.

"If I could, I would! You hit my foot and now I can't move at all!"

He gets out of the driver's seat and opens up the door to the back seats. He steadily inspects my injury. It seems as though he actually wants to help.

"We're going to a hospital." He announces, and closes the door.

He gets back into the car and turns the radio on, revolving to volume knob to make the music's loudness ascend. I can tell he's stressed, and is actually questioning taking me to the hospital. I feel as though I should irritate him, so I do.

"You said you were going to kill me, and now you're going to take me to a hospital? You're so sweet!"

He rolls his eyes and glares at me.

"As soon as we get your leg fixed up, I'm taking you back home. We won't speak again after this, and you will not TELL ANYONE about what happened. Do I make myself clear?"

I smirk. I'm going to make sure he's not going to get away with it this easily.

"You do realise that we're going to have to pay to fix my foot, and you - sir - are paying! Anyways, what's your name?"

I can see him start to become indignant. He grips onto the gear stick, signalling he is cross.

"I am not paying for this! Can't you use your own money?"

He then looks at me strangely.

"I know why you want my name - to report me to the police... Your tricks aren't going to work, y'know, not on me!"

I am starting to get pissed at him.

"No, I don't have any money! And I wanted your name so I can talk to you properly."

He ignores me and continues driving.

"I have no interest in talking to you properly. When we go to the hospital, you aren't going to be quiet and pretend you were hit by someone else and not me!"

"Won't it look suspicious that you're with me? If we aren't related -  which we don't look related - the doctors will most likely ask you to leave."

He thinks carefully about it.

"Fine. You listen to me. We are going to pretend that I am your loving boyfriend, and I have ever so kindly accompanied you in the hospital. But we are not to make any actual proof that I am your significant other."

I smile; I like this idea. I don't know why, but I do.

We continue riding to the hospital. I look at him through the car mirror, he glares back at me. I can sense something in him, and I have no clue what it is. He makes me happy when he seems to care, but infuriates me when he's rude to me,

I feel like right now, he is causing me more pain than my broken foot.