Sacrifice

Jake's POV

My business has been going up, especially since I've gotten Julie to work for me. She's actually pretty good at convincing people. Our marriage has been going great! We've had little fights here and there, but Julie just does what I ask. Sex is still as good. And, Julie bought my wedding ring. Never had that happen. I offered to pay, but she refused. She ended up picking out platinum one, oh. And we're also in Miami now. We wanted to be closer to the beach. And I bought a building down here, best choice I think I've ever made. I love not having to shovel snow. And Julie loves it down here. We have a condominium, against my will. But Julie really liked it. I wanted to buy a large estate just outside Miami , but Julie really wanted to have a beach view. And the condo is actually quite nice. Costed a hell of a lot, but it's gorgeous. And I don't even think it's considered a condo, it's more like a beach condo penthouse? If that makes sense. But it's way smaller. I'm in my office, broken out of my thoughts by the door opening.

"I wanna go eat lunch with youuuu."

"Baby I have work, and don't you?"

"I don't know, do I?" She says with a smirk.

"Hmm. I guess we can take a lunch break."

She smiles and grabs my hand. We go to the cafe in the building. I order her a spinach wrap, like she usually gets from her, oh and sweet potato fries. She's like, in love with those.

"I kinda miss Pennsylvania, but this is way better down here, ain't it , daddy?"

"I love that you still call me that, but something else should soon be calling me that, don't ya think?"

She goes quiet.

"Did I say something I shouldn't have, babygirl?"

"I didn't really know you wanted kids.."

"Well, yeah baby."

"Kids change things though, and I don't really want our love to change."

"Baby, kids don't change it that much."

"Okay, you'll maybe get sex once a week, have to skip a lot of work for doctors trips, vacations will have to be more family-friendly, and you'll be eating chicken nuggets 4 days of the week, you're ready for that?"

"Baby."

"What?"

"I'd do anything for my kids. Just like I'd do anything for you."

"Even sacrifice our relationship for kids?"

"Baby that wouldn't happen."

"No, that's exactly how it happens." She snaps and leaves back to her office.

"Baby. Get back her." I grit.

Julie's POV

I get cut , again and again. I need to figure some more shortcuts around that conversation.    I just don't want to hit a dead end with him. I hear him calling me, but I don't want to talk about kids anymore. For shits sake I'm 21.

My thoughts are paused as Jake grabs me. I'm being carried to his office, ugh I wanna go to the beach.

"Baby?"

"Yesss?"

"Why do you go haywire whenever I bring up the conversation of kids?"

"How do I avoid this conversation?"

Shit I said it.

"Why do you want to avoid it?"

"I'm afraid."

"Baby, I would never leave you."

"What if I told you I don't want children."

He stares at me.

"W-what?" He croaks.

I hug him. "It's not because of you."

"Then what is it." He questions.

"I never wanted them."

"But baby.."

"I guess we should have had this conversation before getting married I guess heh.." I say as I stop hugging him and start to leave.

"No! Wait!"

I turn around. "Yes?"

"I don't care. I love you."

I walk back over and hug him. We start making out , but that's broken up. His new secretary walks in.

"What do you want , Nya?" I snap.

"This is work. Not your bedroom. You have a meeting , Jake." She says as she winks at him.

"Whatever. I'm going out."

"Baby, are you jealous."

"No, I'm married. And so are you. Don't forget that."

He shakes his head and laughs at me. I leave the building as I get a text , " Where are you going?"

From Jake.

"Idk yet."

"Then come back, we can do something later."

"Or I can just go , and we can do something later too?"

"No, come back pleaseee."

"No (:"

"Ugh fine."

I have a camera setup. If he does anything stupid, I'll just confront him and leave him. Men are the quickest to convince on anything. I doubt he'd do anything, just because he's invested in me, but you never know. Our marriage has gone great. And we had a gorgeous wedding. I walk into my condo, and change into a bathing suit. I won't wear one of my sexy ones, Jake would kill me. But then I get an idea. I put some sandals on , and throw my hair in a messy bun. I'm gonna go ask him if we can do it later. I grab my phone and head out, and I don't even care if I show up in nothing but a bathing suit. I go in, and get some weird looks from my coworkers. And a group of guys checking me out. I give them the finger. I take the elevator up, and go to his big doors. I open them up. I see Nya all over his desk. With Jake just watching.

I cross my arms.

"Well? You get off to whores?"

"Julie, don't even believe this bull-"

"Oh, no don't worry. I get off to it to." I say as I smile

"What-"

"Keep going Nya. Show me how much of a bitch you are before I break your nose."

"Kiss my ass, you're one to call someone a whore, but you show up to work in a bra and panties set."

She's fucking over now. I run over , and punch her smack in the face. She falls off the desk and starts crying. I kick her in the tits, I keep going until I'm lifted up by Jake. He takes me out of the room.

"Baby. I didn't do anything."

"I know, I stopped it before she did. You're welcome, dickfuck."

"Hey! Don't call me that."

"I think you should fire her."

"I will."

I walk downstairs to the bar. I just want to forget about this. The bar tender, Asher, got me a martini , and engaged in small talk.

"Are you sure Jake would want you drinking that?"

"Don't care."