1.1 - Contrasting Colours

Written: 19th April 2020

Contrasting Colours

Sang by: Speak Low If You Speak Love

O!Ciel Phantomhive x Maid! Reader

KEY:

(Y/N) - your name

(L/N) - last name

(F/C) - favourite colour

--

I'm standing on soil you've never felt
The subtle hints of secrets you'll never tell
You lay in bed sick when I'm around
You can't be found

I hummed softly, adjusting the white frills on Lady Elizabeth's dress. It was the only dress that was not pink from her wardrobe. She was giggling much like an overexcited five-year-old, her hands clasped together in delight.

"Do you like it, my lady?" I asked, giving her a smile. She smiled back, brighter than before. 

"Yes! I'll even be wearing an even more extravagant dress than this in less than a month!" She was ecstatic, for she was getting married to her fiance.

Her fiance, Ciel Phantomhive.

Would you say that you loved me if you were allowed?
Or is a weak-kneed sense of bravery what you carry 'round?
Spinning circles in the park outside your house

"(Y/N).. I love you." These were the words I have dreamed of hearing. They came from him, my Master.

Tears of joy threatened to spill out of my eyes, as I tried to convince myself that it was real.

"Master, I love you too." I said softly, my hands interlocking with his.

"Do not worry about Elizabeth, she said that she is happy for us." He whispered, before leaning in to give me a kiss.

I closed my eyes, waiting for the feeling of his soft lips against my own.

Fall into place like contrasting colours
You were gold, I was green to discover
Swirling like oceans apart from each other
You and I may never be lovers

"(Y/N)? Time to get up!" Came Mey-Rin's cheery voice, waking me up from my slumber.

I pressed a finger to my lips.

Of course, it was only a dream.

I was a mere maid to Lord Phantomhive, a friend at most.

The fellow maid waved a hand at my face, distracting me from my thoughts.

I shook my head, I had to face reality; whether I liked it or not.

Staining your skin with my fingerprints
But you've shed the coat I'm familiar with
The mark you said would last, I'm noticing
It never did