Chapter One || First Kiss

<Louis’ POV>

I stared at myself on the mirror after splashing some water on my face. That was the weirdest dream I ever had since forever. I woke up with beads of sweat after that scary dream. Dream…dream…dream. My head had nothing in it but the dream. I suddenly laughed. It wasn’t a dream – it was a nightmare.

Portions of it flashed as my reflection stared at me with his blue eyes. I was walking on an empty stage. No one was there except for me but then, a boy came out of the backstage. He looked younger than me; he wore a black long-sleeved shirt, black slacks, and a pair of black shoes. His jet-black hair stuck out on all directions. Everything was black except for his skin and eyes. His skin was so pale and his eyes were cloudy gray – like all the life was sucked out and his soul was missing – but even with that, he still looked handsome in some way.

I wanted to say something but nothing came out. My voice was gone. The boy started laughing and stepped back into the backstage. A flash of light and the arena was filled with screaming fans. I was sitting on the iconic couch with Harry beside me on the left and Zayn on my right. Liam was standing, talking to the crowd with Niall. The two finished talking to the crowd and the music started playing. Oh no, my voice was still gone. Harry started singing the first verse of “Rock Me” and I was next. My lips were trembling as Harry drew closer and closer to finishing his solo. It was my turn now so I opened my mouth and prayed to God that my voice would come out…but none came out. The music stopped, the four boys stared at me, and I felt the weight of the stares of the fans all over the arena. I can hear their whispers grow louder and louder; and then, I heard one of the fans scream.

I saw Niall fall on the stage, unconscious. Liam was beside him but he didn’t move. “What are you doing?!” screamed Zayn, “Help him! Check if he’s okay!” But Liam just looked at him with a confused look. “Who are you? Where am I? What am I doing here?” Zayn stopped walking, frozen in the middle of the stage. “Yeah, what are we doing here? But, look I don’t know you too; we have to help that guy that fell unconscious.”

Everything else happened so fast. Paul got us off the stage. I helped Harry go to the backstage, his arms had cuts all over them but I swore that there were none a minute ago. The weird boy was at the backstage, still smiling at us.

And then, we were at the hospital. Niall was in the emergency room and the four of us along with Paul were in the hall, sitting on the chairs there. Liam was staring blankly at the wall, Zayn was acting all nervous, Harry was still beside me, crying continuously, and Paul had his eyes closed. He was really stressed out.

The usual evening TV show was suddenly replaced with breaking news that featured everything that happened in the arena. The video shifted to a reporter talking to Simon about what happened in the arena. He was answering all the reporter’s questions calmly but I can see in his eyes that he was worried and was on the edge.

Paul turned off the television and went back to his seat. I rested my head on the wall and noticed the weird boy again at the end of the hall. I stood up and walked towards him. “What do you want? Why are you following us?” I was shocked. My voice was back. He was looking at me seriously now and then he spoke, “You know that this is all a dream, right? But what happens if all of this becomes a reality?” I didn’t manage to flinch when he grabbed my hand and I felt the most excruciating pain I have ever felt. He smiled as I cried out in pain. “When this really happens, remember, I’ll come and visit you…”

I snapped out of my trance when someone knocked on the bedroom door. “Lou, breakfast’s ready!” I smiled and dried myself with a towel. Whatever horror that dream bestowed, I’m sure Harry’s cooking will dispel it.

_______________

<Harry’s POV>

When I woke up, went downstairs, and found the kitchen empty, I knew that Liam slept later than I did last night. I checked the fridge if there was anything I can cook… I sighed. So it was the usual then. I scrambled some eggs, placed them on a large plate, and went to cooking some pancakes. After cooking breakfast for the boys, and for me, I went to the other boys’ rooms. Zayn was already awake and grooming himself in front of the mirror. I went to Louis’ room and knocked on his door. “Lou, breakfast’s ready!” The door opened and Louis went out. “Everyone else awake?” he asked, smiling at me. I shook my head, “Nope. Well, Zayn is but he’s still grooming himself like a cat.”