Chapter 20 - Anxiety

Min Ja may only be five, but that weekend was the worst weekend of her life. Her dad took her and Hyo Bin to the park, and they watched movies and had a fun time, but all Min Ja could think about was what he had told her. That Mr. Hobi moving in meant her Dad couldn't come back in, and that Mr. Hobi was doing this on purpose? Why would he do something on purpose to make her Dad upset? But...if Dad moved back in, would that mean he and Mommy would be a happy family like he promised, or would they go back to fighting? No, no! She had to trust her Daddy; she didn't want him to be sad. By Sunday, she spent the entire day in bed, not wanting to get up, no matter how much Hyo Bin and her father tried to lure her out with candy and games in the living room. She stayed in bed until her father had to take her and Hyo Bin back home, before dinner time.

"Min Ja, are you upset because of what we talked about?" Weong-Bin asked curiously, and his daughter glanced up at him.

"A little. I want to see you and Mr. Hobi every day, but you said I can't. That makes me sad." Weong-Bin sighed.

"I'm sorry that makes you sad, sweetie. But if you want Mommy to be happy, it has to be that way. And I can make Mommy happy, I told you, I worked hard to fix my mistakes, remember?" Min Ja nodded. "Good." He held her hand tightly as they exited the elevator and went to your apartment door. Weong-Bin knocked, and it took a minute, but the sound of footsteps headed to the door grew louder before you opened the door. Your hair was a bit messy, and you wore some throwaway clothes that were covered in dust and dirt. Despite your disheveled appearance, you were beaming as you opened the door.

"Mama!" Hyo Bin shouted in glee, reaching out to hug you. Without missing a beat, you held her tightly and kissed her cheek.

"Hi, my princess~." You cooed happily. "Did you have fun with Daddy all weekend?"

"Uh-huh." She said. You looked down at Min Ja, who walked up to you as you knelt to her level.

"Hi, sweetie." You smiled, pulling her into a hug. She hugged you back tightly. "I missed you so much."

"You too, Mommy." She said. Once you stood up, you set Hyo Bin onto the floor. Min Ja took her hand and led her into the bedroom so they could put their bags away. When they were gone, you turned to Weong-Bin.

"She seems to be okay. Did you talk to her?"

"I said I would." He smiled a bit. "She spent all day in bed today, though." He saw you frown. "But she'll be alright, I think. She's just a bit confused now, but she'll come around." Hearing that made you relaxed a little bit.

"Thank you." You said softly. Weong-Bin nodded. "I'll see you Wednesday, then."

"Alright." He said. "I'll call the girls later." As he waved you off, you closed the door and sighed. It was so uplifting, and you hoped that whatever Weong-Bin had said, it would help her feel better. But for now, all you could do was head into the bedroom and help the girls unpack and catch up on their weekend.

Min Ja seemed to be doing just fine, telling you about what they did with their Dad on Saturday. She was beaming as she talked about it until you asked about what kept her in bed this morning. Her smile fell into a frown, and she pressed her pointer's fingers together.

"I was just tired, I think." She said simply. "Daddy said I could stay in bed until we had to come home." You sighed, smiling a bit as you ruffled her hair.

"Well, okay then, as long as you're feeling better now." Min Ja nodded, resting her head on your shoulder as you rubbed her back. Hyo Bin was sitting with you as well, stacking up some of her blocks. Min Ja sat beside her and took some blocks of her own, putting them wherever she could to help Hyo Bin make a big tower. You smiled a bit, fixing your hair as you watched the girls, happy to have them back with you again. Weekends with Weong-Bin were torturous for you.