𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄, TORTUGA

THE LEGEND OF THE SERPENT, GIBBS HAD SO HEARTILY EXPLAINED, seemed, if anything, out of reach to the most common of men

THE LEGEND OF THE SERPENT, GIBBS HAD SO HEARTILY EXPLAINED, seemed, if anything, out of reach to the most common of men. the captain had heard the story all before : taken from indigenous belief, the serpent deity was a powerful being that when successfully bound to its host, could grant them POWER and IMMORTALITY to their hearts content. something he knew men would kill for. the legend seemed to gain popularity across the seas and throughout the west indies, and with it, rumours of the serpent's REBIRTH ... talk of new HOST with the WRATH to bring down entire ships began to creep its way through sailors' chattering teeth and eventually, to the twelve daggers. drowned in melodic yet dissonant tones, whispers and glances from neighboring tables ensued, and the venomous name of a nefarious pirate captain divulged on many a tongue.

IT WAS A FOOL'S GAME IN THE EYES of most, but if played right, the odds could be in ones favor. there was no desire to seek after it, or course, jack had preferred legendary treasure to that of heathen deities. gibbs was sure to emphasize that it was a legend and a legend only, but jack had known by now that most legends bore a TRUTH to them. DAVY JONES, KERMA, CURSED TREASURE.  he'd seen it all before. there was a LEGEND in the making, and they were there to hear of it.

AS GIBBS CONTINUED THE TALE, THERE WAS A FEELING JACK COULDN'T QUITE SHAKE. a sense of UNEASINESS paired with an unnatural heat, a heat UNLIKE
that of the humid caribbean, terribly off putting and all too familiar. no matter how much he attempted to divert his mind, a sip of his tankard, a glimpse to other tables ... it seemed to linger.

THERE WAS SOMETHING JACK KNEW, something that made this legend more AWARE to him than it possibly needed to be. he would not mention of it to his first mate, nor of the troubled feeling that could not be DETERRED, no matter how much he wished it to leave. it seemed as if eyes were upon him, and his brows furrowed in discomfort. " aye, you feel it too, cap'n? the heat? " jack would only nod in reply, feeling the sudden need to look behind him. then, an idea slipped his mind and after a thought, the captain uncovered his compass, watching as the needle adjusted and pointed to its given destination. he had his heading. only time, and a perhaps a bit of luck would tell if this idea of his would work.

BUT WHATEVER SPARROW SOUGHT AFTER, or rather avoided, OTHERS FOLLOWED. best to prepare then. with a shared nod, gibbs addressed the heading, then asked the anticipated question : how quick exactly, was the captain willing to sail?

" WITH THE TIDE. "

CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW  /  𝚃𝙰𝙺𝙴 𝚆𝙷𝙰𝚃 𝚈𝙾𝚄 𝙲𝙰𝙽, 𝙶𝙸𝚅𝙴 𝙽𝙾𝚃𝙷𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙱𝙰𝙲𝙺 !

CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW / 𝚃𝙰𝙺𝙴 𝚆𝙷𝙰𝚃 𝚈𝙾𝚄 𝙲𝙰𝙽, 𝙶𝙸𝚅𝙴 𝙽𝙾𝚃𝙷𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙱𝙰𝙲𝙺 !