CH 4

Lucas woke up to pounding on his door. He groggily sat up and snapped his finger opening it.

"Come in." the door stayed shut for a minute before opening slowly and revealing the Deceitful trait. He seemed hesitant to enter.

"Who are you?" Deceit asked after he regained his composure. He had not been expecting another side to appear. Much less in the Dark sides territory. The new side sluggishly got up and pulled back the curtain revealing his two toned eyes. His left a mesmerizing blue. His right, a bright blood red.

"I'm Lucas." Well, now he at least had a name. He was surprised when he saw another shadow on the bed move. They got up and also moved the curtains aside showing the same face but less groggy.

"I'm Hunter." This one smiled and got out of the bed. "Nice to finally meet you! I'm this one's other half! I'm Insanity!"

"Hunter, it's too early."

"Considering the closet and bathroom i'd say it's not. Where whatever you want. They aren't breathing down your back. No more expectations bro."

"Alright Hunter. I claim shower though." The first one says as he heads to what I assume is a bathroom.

"Just hurry up. Deceit can only entertain me for so long!" the door shuts and all of insanity's attention is on me.

"Who was that?" I need answers.

"He told you. That's Lucas! Sanity! We keep each other in check and have fun. Some days are a little more crazy than others but that's to be expected." Hunter looked around and spotted the corner where a pile of bean bags lay and rushed over.

"So much better than Light side territory!"

"You've been there?" Good. More information.

"...Lucas will explain in his own time. Till then, you'll have to deal with what you know. I might be insane, but I care for my brother. His happiness is mine. His depression too."

Deceit fell silent at that. He couldn't fully grasp the situation, but he knew he would in time.

"You guys done?" Deceit looked up and couldn't fight the blush that appeared on his face.

(No cat ears, tail, or beanie)

"You okay there Dee? You seem like you might be sick

"You okay there Dee? You seem like you might be sick." Deceit shook his head and directed his gaze to the carpet.

"I'm fine Lucas....You look good." Lucas smiled at that and grabbed his brother's shoulder.

"Your turn! I'll wait for you. Then we can see Rat man!" Hunter smiled at that and hurried to the bathroom.

"So, you like to read?" Lucas asked as he sat on the couch.

"Depends. I like philosophy."

"I like everything. Hunter loves children's books, so he has his own corner. I tend to read poetry."

"Really?"

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream. Edger Allen Poe."

"Nice."

"Enough flirting, you two. Let's go see Rem! It's been ages and I miss my chaos pal!" I smile at the guys flustered faces as I head to my brother and take his hand.

"What'cha think?"

(No cat ears, tail, or beanie)

"Nice. At least you didn't copy my color."

"And give Rem a hard time? NEVER!" we snicker at that and head to the door.

"Come on Dee! You don't want to miss this!" Lucas says as we enter the hall. I run, partially dragging my twin behind me as we head to my childhood besties room, Deceit trailing behind us. 'Please remember, please remember, please remember.' I mentally chant as I knock on the dark green door.

Authors Note:

CLIFFHANGER! I cried after seeing how many people actually read and like my story. For somebody with little(READ: NO) confidence in writing, it means so much to me. Thank you! Goodnight Mortals, Immortals, and everything in between. Peace!