01. We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals (Part One)

"On the 12th hour of the first day of October in 1989, 43 women around the world gave birth. This was unusual only in the fact that none of these women had been pregnant when the day first began. Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and adventurer, resolved to locate and adopt as many of the children as possible."

Sir Reginald walked up to a woman in a wheelchair holding twin girls. "Extraordinary! How much do you want for them?"

He got eight of them.

Thirty Years Later

Madelina was working on a sympathy card for a friend of hers whose husband was ill. It was a hobby she did.

August came into the room with Saraya who was sucking her thumb.

"Did you see the news?" August asked.

Madelina shook her head. "No, I've been focused on this. Shouldn't you be getting ready to go to the hospital?"

"I've got a some time." He turned on the TV.

Madelina noticed the banner at the bottom of the screen mention something about her father's death.

She set her art stuff down and focused on the TV. "I have to go back."

"To the house? Madi, are you sure? You haven't been back since you left that place."

"I'm positive. I think I can handle it myself, but just in case--"

"I'm only a call away."

She smiled and kissed her husband. "I love you."

"I love you, too. What about Saraya?"

"I'll take her. You need to get ready for your shift."

Saraya held her hands out to her mother and Madelina smiled. "Hi, baby. We're gonna go see where Mommy grew up."

August ordered a taxi for Madelina and when it arrived, she climbed in and was driven to her old home.

She noticed another cab outside the academy, wondering which one of her siblings had arrived.

Madelina walked inside to see Vanya. "Hey, V."

Vanya turned and smiled. "Hey, M. Hi, Saraya. You're getting so big! You're looking more and more like your mom every day. You're gonna be beautiful."

Saraya hid her face into her mom's jacket, not liking the sudden attention. She was at the age where she was incredibly attached to her parents; especially her mother.

"How's your music going?"

"Good. Really good. How's married life? What have you been up to?"

"I'm making cards for people. Married life is good. August is busy at the hospital. I mean, he is a doctor, but yeah. Life is good. Any potential love interests?"

Vanya shook her head. "No, none that have worked out. I guess I wasn't so lucky in the love department."

Madelina placed a hand on her twin's shoulder. "V, there's someone out there for you. Trust me. It just takes some time to find them."