Chapter 10: Red Carpet

KC's POV

"How's my girl doing?" I say visiting her at work. "Hey. I miss you." She says kissing me. "Are you on break?" I ask not wanting her to get in trouble. She nods and we head to the back. "How have you been? People been bothering you?" I ask feeling my protectiveness over her grow. "I'm okay. People ask me questions here and there, but I just try to keep my head down." She says. "I'm sorry you have to go through this alone. I wish I could be there for you always." I say and kiss the top of her head as she wraps her arms around my waist. "It's okay. I'm strong I can do it." She says looking up at me. That's my girl.

"Listen babe. I have this award show coming up Saturday night and I was wondering if you wanna go with me? I totally understand if you don't. I know you wanna keep our relationship private, but I just wanted to let you know." I say. Joe told me to ask her, even though I told him it's probably not a good idea. I don't want her feel pressured or anything. And if we do this, it's a big step: our first public appearance as a couple. I really want her on my arm that night, but I would never want to put her in an uncomfortable situation.

"Hey!" She says waving her hands in front of me trying to get my attention. I didn't even realize I zoned out. "I said yes." She repeats. Did I hear that right? "Wait so you will go with me?" I ask again just to make sure. "Yes!" She says and I pick her up and hug her. "Thank you so much." I mumble into her sweet smelling hair. "I want to be with you whether it's in the celebrity world or just normal." She explains. I feel like I'm on cloud 9. "Perfect. I'll let Joe know." I say leaving her to her job.

Kayla's POV

Hey Kayla. This is Joe. KC told me you are going to the show with him

Yes I am!

That's great. He is really excited.

Awesome. So am i! Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what should I wear? This is my first formal event and I would rather not embarrass him

haha no worries Kayla. I can send a stylist over whenever is good for you

oh gosh no. that's such a hassle. I can go shopping for myself

oh please Kayla. KC insists. I'll ask them to come over Saturday morning

You're too kind. Thanks Joe!

Not me girly, KC

I'll find a way to thank him later. I feel like I'm living a fairytale. I change into jeans and a t-shirt and head to the clinic.

"Good afternoon Ira." I say signing in. "Hi Kayla. Dr. Flanagan was really impressed by your work during the blood drive. She wants to offer you an internship." Ira says. Oh my Gosh! This is huge! "Are you serious?!" I exclaim. She nods. "Oh my gosh oh my gosh! Of course. Yes! Yes!" I say excitedly. "She's coming back on Monday so you can talk to her then." Ira says. I can't wait to tell my parents, Stassie, and KC! The rest of the shift goes amazingly.

SATURDAY

"You know it's not nice to girl's night with an fancy shmancy awards show." Stassie teased. "You know I love you." I say rolling my eyes. "I'm hanging out with Danny tonight." She says letting me know. "Ooh what are you guys doing?" I ask. "Probably just dinner and then clubbing." She says. "When are your stylists supposed to be coming?" She asks. I look at the time 9:24. "I'm not sure. Joe said they would come in the morning." I say shrugging. "You're so lucky." She says pouting. "Says the girl who has every guy hitting her up in her DMs." I say. She rolls her eyes knowing I'm right.

RING! RING!

"I'll get it." Stassie says getting up. "Hi are you Ms. Navarro?" I hear a voice ask. "No Kayla come." She orders. I get up and walk to the door to help her. "Hi. I'm Kayla Navarro." I say to the man in glasses. "Great. I'm Dale Springers. Joe sent me." He says. "Ohh come on in." I say opening the door wider. "Great thanks." He says and does some hand motion and then 3 more people appear. One with a giant bag, one with two racks of dresses, and another with those makeup bags. I didn't know I needed this many people for one night. I look at Stassie and she just smiles and shrugs.