Chapter 39

Sonic, annoyed, while Sonja and Tails were talking to each other and getting to know each other, slowly and quietly pushed the mammoth aside with his shoe while smirking and looking away. He had had enough already of this snot-trunked little child. It was beneath him. After all, he was the excellent Sonic the Hedgehog. But what he wasn't was subtle. As when he did this, Pico (he refused to think of this baby mammoth as a real Mobian and anything more than an animal), rolled over and stumbled over onto the ground with a squeak. Closing its eyes, and starting to cry out little bursts of trumpet sounds, it flailed its limbs around in a tantrum. Sonic, panicking, realized Tails and Sonja had looked over.

When Tails saw the mammoth on the ground, crying in front of Sonic, who had this guilty and surprised expression on his face, he just stood there dumbfounded and watched as Sonja swiftly dashed over to Sonic.

"Did you KICK him?!" Sonja shrieked furiously. She held onto the patch of fur above Sonic's tummy.

"No! I didn't, I swear! He just kind of fell over!" Sonic lied. He donned the expression of a coward and a scoundrel trying to slither away from a fiasco of his own doing. Then, Sonja smacked him. There was the illusion of whiplash as she did. Her hand felt like fire.

Sonic held onto his cheek, which had a visible orangey-red mark on it from her hand. His expression was now that of surprise and shock. But he guessed, he kind of deserved it. He did kind of kick it... him... Very gently, slowly, and lovingly, that is.

Wait, no he didn't deserve this!

"Tails, aren't you gonna stick up for me?" Sonic whispered sharply into Tails' ear. Sonja stormed off with Pico in her arms. She kissed him in a motherly fashion on the forehead and held him close to her as he cried. Tails turned to Sonic.

"Uh... sure..." Tails said. But he didn't live up to this, as he followed Sonja deeper into the woods. Sonic, pouting and stamping his foot onto the ground in a jerky motion, followed quickly.

You have lost 4 friendship points with Sonja. You suck.

Continue to Chapter 40