Chp 10

Writer's PoV
"Manik don't you dare."Nandini warned him but Manik didn't give two hoots and still ate fries from Nandini's plate. "Manik I swear"

"Bass karo yaar tum dono."Mukti yelled completely irritated gathering a little attention in the restaurant.

"Look at him yaar.Use pata hai I don't share phir bhi le raha hai."Nandini said only to earn a glare from Mukti.

"Kya ajeeb ho yaar tum dono.Akele mein you guys fight with food lekin infront of the family 'tum khao' nahi Manik tum khao'.Generally I am the one known as the bhukkad please let me be."He said and Manik and Nandini looked at each other.

It had been quite a few days since the news of pregnancy and to say everyone was excited would be an understatement.Everyone was literally jumping in joy as this was the first baby of the group.Though Rehaan was elder to them he still was super close to Fab5 and so was Myra.

Mukti and Abhimanyu had started dating.Their relationship was still blooming and they were spending every speck of free time they got to be with each other.

Coming to Manik and Nandini they both were happy with small small cute fights like the one you just noticed.Nandini couldn't be any happier as she could get Manik home and talk about him to her parents.As for Manik he tried every possible way to talk to his dad but something or the other would come up or he would chicken out not ready to hear his response.

"Kabse dekh raha hoon.Why are you guys quite?"Dhruv asked Cabir who inturn looked at Navya.

"We need to talk with you people."He stated.

"Bol na.Anything serious?"Manik asked straightening in his seat.

"Actually we are getting married."Cabir said catching Navya's hand on the table.

A series of whats and hows were thrown at Cabir and then everyone started asking them questions not letting the couple answer.

"What the hell?Chup raho yaar."He shouted making them instantly stop. "Godd bolne toh do.Chadh gaye seedha."He glared at each one and then continued.

"We don't want anything fancy.Just a court marriage and then we can have a party."He shrugged looking at Navya who nodded.

"Out of nowhere I mean achanak kaise decide kiya?"Alya asked breaking the silence.

"We just want to start living together.Its been two years we are engaged."Navya said on their behalf.

"Uncle aunty se baat ki?"Abhi asked and they both nodded.

"They weren't agreeing for a no wedding but we managed."They said.They filled us with the necessary details.They had already contacted the registrar and they would be calling them soon letting them know the dates.

"Yeh toh sab decide karke aaya hai."Manik mused making everyone chuckle.

"Ha we have been thinking about it since a long time but bata nahi paye you know the concert and stuff."Cabir said making them nod in understanding.

"Waise Manik tumlogo ne kya decide kiya hai?"Mukti asked shifting the conversation towards Manik and Nandini.

"I don't know.Manik has to still speak to uncle."Nandini said.

"Lets see kya hota hai."Manik spoke looking at Nandini a plan brewing in his mind.

Manik's PoV
I returned home that evening after our meet up.Dad and bhai weren't home and that gave me an amazing opportunity to speak to mom and daadu.

I knocked on daadu's door and entered. "Kya hua Manik?"He asked.

"Kuch nahi daadu I wanted to talk.Meine mom ko bhi bulaya hai yaha."I said and got settled on the bed.