Chapter Nine

The sun shining woke me up and I heard noise on the other side of me. Turning over, I see Damon dressed in old clothes with a hat and he doesn't seem to notice me.

I get out of bed in only one of his shirts and my legs are on display. Since it was dark in his room he didn't get a chance to see me in in so when he did now, his eyes widened.

Damon quickly turned his gaze and it slightly made me disappointed but I didn't show. "You going somewhere?"

"I am and your coming with me. Your gonna wear the dress I got you yesterday and we are walking to town together" Damon started to tell me how we were gonna come back to his house and he would introduce me as someone needing a place to stay because I was homeless.

If that didn't work he would have Stefan say I should stay here and him being the favorite child made Giuseppe let me stay.

"Sounds great. I'll meet you outside in ten" I let him know before disappearing to the bathroom.

Getting into a corset by myself was kinda hard but eventually, I got it. My hair wasn't gonna be able to handle this weather without some of my products in the future, so I had to put it in one braid with some loose curls.

Looking out the window, I saw Damon waiting for me and quickly climbed out the window. My feet walked stealthily across the edge and before I slid down, the length of the dress made me trip and I felt my arm not able to hold on from the gloves I had on. Thinking quick, I do a backflip and ended up almost falling on my ass...thankfully, Damon caught me because I literally fell into his arms.

My brown eyes looked up at him and I give him a smile. "Your my hero for that Salvatore"

He helps me stand on my own and smiles back at me. "I will protect you whenever you need it Miss Aurora"

I bite back a giggle and notice his eyes looking at my lip. "So that walk?" I change the subject and he blinks

"Right" He asks for my arms and I give it to him. "After you" We walk down the narrow path and make our way to town.

|~|

I look at Giuseppe's face nervously as he slowly comes up with a decision. If he says yes, i'll be able to get closer with Damon faster and if he says no, i'll have to look for a place to stay.

He eyes my dress with approval and the braid in my hair. Looking at Damon, and back at me again he nods his head stiffly. "I'm sure Damon can show you one of the guest rooms, do you have any other clothing?"

So he noticed me not having a suitcase or bag, I shake my head and look down at the dress. He makes a face but calls one of the servants.

"I'm sure she'll love to get you some clothing, when Damon finds you a room, the help can size you" I nod my head and give him a polite curtsy to show i'm grateful.

"Thank you for showing your kindness sir" A grunt leaves his body and he walks away with no words. Stefan is revealed behind him and he gives me a smile. I couldn't believe that it actually worked in my favor.

Damon gives me a bow and his hand. "May I show you to your room now, Miss Aurora?"

I smile at his gentleman behavior. "You may" I give Stefan a nice wave before Damon guides me upstairs. He leads me to a room at the end of the hall to the left and slowly opened the door.

My eyes widen slightly at how beautiful it is. There was light shining in from the window making the room very bright. White sheets covered the large queen bed, and there was a large vanity in the corner. I feel my feet walk in the room and there's a private bathroom, it's small but I still have one.