Prologue: Get a job!

-Sunday, November 8th 1987-

-(Y/n)'s POV-

Mum: "Its the middle of summer, and all you've done for the past couple months is sit on your ass and play video game!"

(Y/n): "Because that's what I want to do! School summer holiday and I want to relax!"

Mum: "Your just wasting your holiday! Why don't to go and do something like get a part time job?"

(Y/n): "Mum, if I wanted to do something boring for my summer holiday, I would of just signed up for summer school!"

Mum: "Well I'm sorry I'm not gonna let you just sit here and rot your brain with these damn video games. Go do something productive for your summer or I'll send to to summer camp"

(Y/n): "I'm nearly 18! You can't send to me summer camp!"

Mum: "Uhh I can and I will if you don't get off your ass" she adds before walking out the room. "christ he's as lazy as that father of his"

(Y/n): " why don't you just shut your mouth you soppy old goat" I say after slamming my door shut.

Everyday, EVERY FUCKING DAY she does this. I'm play some Nintendo and next thing I know she's coming into my room and getting all up in my shit, dopey old twag. I've asked my dad to try and talk to her but she doesn't listen to him. . . . . then again he's just as bad as me, since when he doesn't work he sit his ass on the couch and watches Telly.

- Knock knock -

(Y/n): "For god sake, WHAT NOW!" I shout at the door, only for my dad to open it. "Oh, hi dad"

Dad: "Ello son, what you done now? The warden just had a pop at me" he chuckles while sitting on my bed.

(Y/n): "She's just getting all up in my shit! She's going on how I should be out doing things or getting a part time job. I mean this is my school summer holiday, I just want to relax and she's like 'oh no do something shit'. . . ."

Dad: "Look son, she just means well. But I will admit, your mother can be a bit of a handful" he chuckles, making me shake my head with a small smile. "I'd offer for you to work with me, but you need some experience to be an electrician"

(Y/n): "Thanks. . . . . . fuckin ay, I'm gonna have to look through the news paper at the job section, see if there's anything I'll like"

Dad: "Maybe the McDonald's nearby are hiring?"

(Y/n): "Dad, no offence but if I worked there for one week will be a fat bastard like grandpa" I chuckle, making him laugh too.

Dad: "Point taken. Now listen, I'm gonna head out of town for the next week, big job up in new jersey, but it pays well" he says while patting me on the back. "I'll be in the garden if you need me"

(Y/n): "Okay dad. . . . ." I just mumble as he leaves the room. I put my face in hands while I groan in complete annoyance. "Right. . . . . back to Zelda-"

Mum: "(Y/n)!"

(Y/n): "Oh for fuck sake" I groan as I stomp out my room and peer over the stair rail. "What?!" I shout in annoyance.

Mum: "Don't take that tone with me! Just come down here, I've found something for you" she calls back up. I groan before sluggishly walking down the stairs. I walk into the living room seeing mum sitting on the sofa, holding a newspaper with her glasses on. "I think I've just found a place for you to apply for"

(Y/n): "Mum I swear if it a bloody hairdresser job, I will murder you"

Mum: "No its not a hairdresser, I wouldn't trust you with a job like that. Look here" she says while point at the lower part of the page. I sigh before taking out my reading glasses and look at the article.