02.

|CHAPTER 2|SPEEDY GONZALES

|CHAPTER 2|
SPEEDY GONZALES

-

THE CAR RIDE WASN'T ALL THAT QUIET, the adults were bickering about how Charles should pull over and let either one of them drive. All June was at the moment was a tie breaker for their individual arguments. She only waited for them to arrive in the town the supposed mutant was at.

"Where are your eyes, Xavier?!?" Logan yelled in annoyance.

"Do you want to get there or not?" Charles rolled his eyes.

"Left, Right, Straight?"

"No asswipe! Right, Straight, Left!"

"No no. Near. Far. Ugh!"

"Stop!"

"Next time, I'm driving." Logan scoffed.

They then pulled up to a nice modern suburban home. June observed the house, she then noticed a mailbox with the wordings 'Maximoff' on it. Don't PO boxes exist already?

They walked over to the front porch as Logan knocked on the door impatiently. Just then a lady who looked to be the same age of the rest of the men, showed up at the front of the door, opening it.

"What have they done now?" She looked at the four. June smirked at her reaction. She didn't really find it normal to find a bunch of peeps with shades at your doorstep either. They did in fact look like people from the Mafia.

The woman looked almost unphased, "I'll just write you a check for whatever they took--"

"We assure you, they've done nothing wrong, Ms. Maximoff. We just need to talk to them." June smiled.

She nodded, calling out behind her. "Peter, Lorna, the cops are here, again!"

June chuckled. It really seems like the two would get in trouble a lot . . .

They walked down the basement of the flat, hoping that the mutant inhabitants weren't busy, there was Lorna, a girl with dark green hair watching TV and messing around with a metal spoon, making it levitate in front of her with green energy around the object, and Peter, who was playing ping-pong by himself.

"What do you guys want?" Peter said, quickly moving the ball back and forth.

"We didn't do anything." Lorna said. "We've been here all day." She shrugged.

"So . . . Two?" June raised an eyebrow at Logan.

"I'd at least expected Lorna to be out somewhere at this time." Logan mumbled.

"Just relax Peter we're not cops." Logan looked around the room.

"Of course you're not cops if you were cops you wouldn't be driving a rental car." In a flash, Peter was on the couch.