V - Mama

"We all carry on,

When our brothers in arms are gone.

So raise your glass high for tomorrow we die,

And return from the ashes you call."

Kali took longer than expected, showing Eleven her room. Carina had resigned herself to a dark corner, glowering at the police radio as she waited. It felt very wrong to barge in when they had only just found one another. Eleven and Kali had been closer at the lab, she remembered - Carina herself had made friends, partially with Kali but not Eleven, mostly with others, and then nobody. She'd learned the hard way not to get attached to people there. Even the soldiers were dropping dead around her.

She looked up when Kali finally emerged.

"How's your white hick sister? You tuck her in real tight?" Axel smirked.

"Yeah, what about a lullaby? You sing her one of those-"

"Old MacDonald had a farm," Dottie started lightly, the others joining in to her singing immediately "E-I-E-I-O- And on his farm he had a cow-"

"She found me with only this." Kali put down a piece of paper, and Carina chose that point to walk over to take a look at it. "When did you get here?" Kali furrowed her eyebrows. "Jane told me all about what happened. She wants to see you, you know. Apparently, they all think you're dead-"

"Not too long ago," She ignored her, picking up the photo. Kali took another out of her pocket, holding it out to her. Carina raised an eyebrow before taking it form her, frowning when she saw it. "I don't want to see that." She said, holding t back out to her.

Kali didn't take it, raising an eyebrow. "She said you'd want to know your name." She said, before addressing the rest of the group, pointing at the newspaper clipping of herself. "Jane can find people without even moving. With nothing but an image."

Carina really didn't like where this was going. She wasn't going to act like she was completely innocent, of course not, but Kali had used her abilities to her advantage when they met, and she dreaded her doing the same to Eleven. "You telling me Shirley's a human radar detector or some shit?" Axel asked, entirely unconvinced.

"Or some shit, yes."

"Come on. No way." Axel scoffed.

"She is right." Carina sighed. "Eleven can find anyone, anywhere." Truly, anywhere. She figured other dimensions was too much for Axels pessimistic brain to handle, though. "But If you're thinking what I know you're thinking, Kal, then no way." She fixed her sister with a stern look. "I am not letting you drag her into this - she's just a kid."

"We were all just kids." Kali hissed back. "And don't call her that. Her name is Jane. Our numbers are not our names." She looked at Mick, "I want to do one. Tomorrow."

Neither Axel or Mick took well to that, of course, but for an entirely different reason than Carina.

"You serious, Kal?"

"We're way too hot right now!"

"Paranoid." Dottie sing-songed. She was still way too new to the group to understand the severity of it. That, or she truly did belong in the madhouse she broke out of. Both were very, very real possibilities.

"Realistic!" Mick corrected. "You don't kill their men and expect them just to look the other way." She said to Kali.

Carina nodded in agreement. "They find us, they will unleash hell. El just got away from that place, I don't want to risk her dead or going back." If Eleven died, Carina truly did not know what she would do. Some part of her may force her back to Hawkins, she knew, but then there was the chance that her flight would take over and she would force herself to move on without doing anything. She didn't know which option scared her more.

"So we give in to fear? She's in pain. She needs this. You did." Kali pointed out.

"I was half dead and relying on you. She doesn't have to do that." Carina leaned her arms on the table, meeting her sisters eyes. "Elevens the most powerful one of us. You cannot control her, Brenner tried and failed. You're not any different just because you care about her." She warned. "He cared about her too."

Kali met her gaze, completely unwavering. "We go out tomorrow." She said shortly, picking up her bag and walking out of the room.

Axel glowered as he picked his blade back up. "Swear to god, Shirley Temples going to get us all killed-" He grunted, the blade hitting the middle of his target board. He turned to look at Carina, who groaned and ran her hand over her face. "So? What're you going to do, queen bee?"

"Certainly nothing thats going to make my mother proud."