🌃Chapter One🌃

Ah, ParisThe City of Light where at night the whole world seems to lighten up by thousands of fairy lights from every corner, a top the Eiffel Tower you'd have the most beautiful in sight, a river of stars below your feet.

Paris, The City of Love where two people meet and feelings bloom. Everyday, lovers would visit the city for honeymoon. Visit the restaurants, enjoy the bridge and propose a promise to your lover. Music is always around, like people's smile and smell of happiness.

But amidst of light and love, there's Kai sitting on a stool in a little stage with his band, he plays guitar for every lovers in the restaurant. Creating romantic vibes with a classical tune.

His eyes close as his fingers strum and he hums. The busy chatters and laughters in the room seem to dilute his thoughts on his mind and focus on his perfomance, something he has been doing ever since he arrived in France to work.

The owner of the restaurant stood up on the stage making the instruments slowly fades. The blue haired owner announces a goodnight, “Thank you guys so much! We hope you enjoy the night.”

People applause for a moment. And Kai stood up from his seat, arranging his coat and taking his guitar on his hold. He walked off stage and see's their manager waiting for him.

“Huening Kai my little one!” The elder drape his arm over his shoulders, although a bit shorter than him the elder still looks at him as if he's the 'little' with a grin on his face.

“Y-yeonjun,” Kai stutters. It seems like Yeonjun had a lot of beer already, he walks with him with sways. “Should I put you in to your room now?” he offered.

The restaurant is a two-in-one place anyway, the whole big living room became the restaurant. A five star restaurant and center of Paris with the most delicious foods made, owned by Choi Yeonjun who's actually Korean.

Kai applied here as a performer/entertainer when his bestfriend Soobin told him that he's going to France to work as a chef, Kai grabbed the chance and come too. Luckily they're here with a familiar, a Korean too like them.

This restaurant is beautiful, from the open stage for band and music the food and decor, a lot of lovers came here for that but also because the restaurant itself is bright, chandeliers and lamps shade pinks and purple, a whole interior that only opens at night.

And at the back of restaurant are a building that Kai is dorming alongside his friend Soobin and also landlord Yeonjun. He is his boss for all the time. Kind and funny guy but with alcohol issues.

“No i'm fine,” his boss rejects pulling away from him to stand properly by himself. Yeonjun points at him with his finger dizzily “You should go out and have fun kid.”

“Me?” he asks again, “I'm on my way home too anyways so—”

Yeonjun took out a handful of cash and pushes it on his chest “Go. Out. And. Have. Fun.” He said sternly, in a way he do whenever Kai have to do something (Like hanging up laundry at the rooftop)

Kai is surprised, the cash on his chest and some falling out is too much— Just like dealing with his boss. He tries to hold them and properly give it back to Yeonjun but the elder is glaring at him already. Kai gives up “Okay but why?”

“I'm so tired looking at your gloomy face.” Yeonjun slurrs, pushing his shoulder lightly making him smile awkwardly, does he really look gloomy? Kai thought on himself.

“And look around! You are in Paris kid, you should find some brightness or love outside.” Yeonjun tells him, pointing at the lovers inside the restaurant.