nagito komaeda .

;; reader pov
alas, the day is finally over. everyone had been waiting for this moment since class had started this morning. but now, with sighs of relief, everyone could go home and rest.

i had been walking around campus waiting for someone very close to me to arrive; chiaki nanami. we had always been close. we became friends when we were small. it's kinda crazy to think that you can be friends with someone for so long, right? yeah. but it's possible, and extremely helpful at times.

— chiaki! over here! " i called out to my best friend.

— oh, hey, [y/n]! " she yelled over to me with a big grin and a very exciting smile.

chiaki had started to head over in my general direction, eventually making it to my position after leaving the school gates.

— how has your day been? " she asked with a curious expression.

— oh, the same as usual. boring and agitating. monomi is really,, annoying at times, wouldn't you agree? " i had asked her.

— ah, yes. she certainly can be very annoying at times. " chiaki responded with a hum.

after our small talk, chiaki and i headed home. tonight we were supposed to be doing something special. something we hadn't done in years;

a sleepover.

trust me!! i get it, it sounds childish. but, in all honesty, it was both mine and chiaki's favorite this to do when we were smaller. we would hang out days on end, and have sleepovers every weekend. we weren't ever surprised that our parents got agitated often. but, it was okay. we enjoyed it.

eventually, we arrived at my house. chiaki had been lugging around her bag full of clothes and other necessities for our sleepover tonight.

we then walked inside. upon entrance, there was a sticky note posted on the front of the tv, reading as follows;

— hi honey! mom is going to be out tonight, i have late shift again. i love you, stay safe! ~momma "

— huh.. i suppose we have the house to ourselves tonight! " i exclaimed to chiaki.

— seriously? that's awesome! do you think we could perhaps go play some mario kart? "

tch, typical ol' chiaki. she really does like her some video games..yet i've never understood why. that's besides the point, though.

it was starting to get late. around 7:30-ish p.m. i had convinced chiaki that we should build a movie fort, and go out to buy some snacks. she happily agreed, exclaiming she would set up the fort whilst i go out to buy some snacks.

after conversing our plan, i headed outside to my [f/m] old car that he left for me. i hopped inside, and drove on my way to the nearest store.

as i was driving, one of my favorite songs; [f/s], came onto the radio. i was singing and humming along with the music, enjoying my happiness, until the care came to an auto-stop.

" what the hell?? „ i thought to myself.

and then i realized, road block. how convenient.

the time seemed to tick by so slow.

" tik, tok, tik, tok... „

but eventually, the road block was gone. something big must have caused it..considering it's now 8:40 p.m.

after awaiting for what seemed like ages into the road block, i had made it to the store. i quickly rushed inside and grabbed as many snacks as i could, with a total coming up to $50.19.

" damn..that was a lot of money i just spent. „ i thought to myself.

but it was acceptable. i acquired the goods and headed outside the shop, walking past a fairly good looking man with wavy white-ombre-orange hair. it was quite messy, too. i felt like i..recognized him? but i couldn't really catch a good glimpse of his face. ah, oh well. it's okay.

as i was heading back outside, i fiddled around in my pockets for my keys. i grabbed them and dashed towards my car with the snacks secured.

unlocking the door, i got inside the car and shut the door. i placed the bags into the passengers seat, and headed on my way back to the house.

———

eventually, i pulled into the driveway. i exited the car excitedly with the bags in hand. i entered the house to a wonderful surprise of a well-made fort by chiaki.

— this is..wow! it looks so good! do you have the blankets and covers and everything so we can be cozy? " i asked her.

— sure do! everything is inside, and i set up a table inside for the snacks you bought. " she responded.

— oh! okay, that sounds great! " i exclaimed to her, still full of excitement.

i had placed all of the goodies down on the table, awaiting for the movie to start as chiaki was finding the movie on the television.

———

the movie had finally ended. after about 2 1/2ish hours, chiaki and i had finished the movie, well, i had. she fell asleep half way through. but it was alright. the majority of the snacks had disappeared from where they had started. i stood up drowsily, and headed to my room upstairs. a sudden weird feeling overwhelmed me, but i thought nothing of it.

———