Trouble Follows (Chapter 14)

[Unknown Pov]

I heard them shooting at my Grandma’s house. I hope those fuck niggas aint do nothing to her.

Miracle laid on the bed passed out once again. I was seriously running out of that chloroform. I needed some more. I couldn't risk going out in public.

I played on Miracle's phone a little. I went through her pictures and she had a lot of pictures of her and August.

She doesn't know what this life can cost her.

25 years to life they gave my boss. She should really learn from her dad mistakes and what type a niggas she fucks with.

I guess her mom didnt tell her the true story of why her dad got locked up.

Since I was bored I might as well wake her up.  I began to trace her forehead down to her lips leading to her nose.

She began to slowly wake up. As she came to her senses she quickly gathered herself and placed her back against the concrete wall. She had her knees up to her chest with her arms wrapped her legs.

She looked at me with disgust.

"Leave me alone" She said

I began to chuckle because I actually wasn't going hurt her this time. I just wanted to talk.

"Do you know who this?" I asked grabbing my phone from my backpack.

I scrolled through my gallery of photos and I found a picture I wanted to show her.

"Look" I said as I placed the phone on the ground in front of her.

She closed her eyes tightly and tears began to stream from her face.

"I won't tell anyone you have me here. I just want to go home" She pleaded.

Sadly I couldn't let her go without some type of arrangement. I grabbed my phone from the ground and I held it up to her face now.

She opened her eyes and stared me in the eyes.

"Daddy?" She said in disbelief.

"You know my dad?" She asked looking at me confused.

"Yeah I worked with him before he got locked up. He was like my dad. He took me under his wing and showed me a new way of life and thinking" I admitted.

She began wiping her tears away and she shook her head in disbelief. She was shocked I could still tell.

"Wow" She mumbled.

"I’m only doing this because I need 40 Million in my account by 8 tonight. I know after your dad hears I kidnap his daughter he aint gone want to have nothing to do with me and he gone want me dead" I said sighing heavily.

"Look, if you let me talk to August I can help you" She said hopefully.

"Help me? Are you sure? My mother needs treatment for cancer" I said as my voice cracked.

I was getting emotional and I didn’t want her to know I was. I looked at the ground for a while not returning her eye contact.

"I can refer you to the best doctors in this country if you just let me talk to August. He does whatever I say" She stated.

"Ok" I said giving in.

I handed her phone and she began to call August.

"Baby" She said lowly.

They talked for a good few minutes and I decided if I should give him the location now or wait.

I decided it would be better if the exchange was public because then he couldn't kill me right then and there.

"Tell him too meet me at 8:05 pm at a local place" I said.

After she talked to August like she said he agreed to the plan and he would meet us at the Ice Cream Parlor on the corner downtown.

"Can I ask you your name?" She asked eating the rest of my potato chips.

"Slim" I said with a faint smile.

-8:05-

As I stepped off in the ice cream parlor I started to get a bad vibe. The man behind the counter was looking at me all suspicious. He offered for a free ice cream for Miracle and of course she took it.

She sat at the table and ate it. It was now 8:10 and he was late.

The door to the Ice Cream Parlor opened up and in stepped August with a duffle bag full of money.

"You ready?" I asked.

"Nah bitch are you ready?" He asked as he pulled out his glock and placing the barrel of the gun to the temple of my head. I closed my eyes and my life literally flashed before my eyes.

That’s when at that moment I knew I was gone die.

"Let him live" Miracle yelled.

August looked at her like she lost her mind.

"Please" She pleaded.

I was nervous as fuck today was gone be my last day on this earth. I wiped my forehead from all the sweat that was coming from my forehead and I quickly looked over at Miracle.

August stepped closer to me and whispered in my ear. I quickly grabbed the duffle bag and ran out the shop.

[End Of Slim's Pov]

[Miracle Pov]

I ran into August safely and the feeling I felt was overwhelming. I laid my head on his chest and cried my eyes out.

He held me tightly in his arms and he didn't let go. We stayed this way for a good minute. I never thought I’d miss him so much.

"Miss me?" He whispered in my ear.

"Yes baby" I said softly.

I looked up at him and he gently wiped my tears away with his index finger. He came closer and I placed my lips upon his.

"Kiss me" I mumbled against his lips.

He began to smirk and he slowly bit on my bottom lip. He stuck his tongue in my mouth and I began to feel sparks fly like it was the first time.

I haven’t seen him in three days and I thought I was literally going get killed.

"I’m never leaving you again" He said holding my hand tightly as he led me to the car.

"You was out spending money while I was gone?" I said scrunching up my face.

"Yeah I was out trickin while you was missing" He said sarcastically.

I pushed him and I began to laugh. He shook his head and he opened the car door for him to get in but I wrapped my arms around his left arm.

"Babe come on now. You just got back. What you want?" He said looking down at me.

"Im hungry" I whined.

"Okay let's go get something eat"

Happily we went and grabbed a quick bit to eat. We went to five guys and fries and got our grub on.

"My babies straight?" He asked eyeing me.

I looked down at my stomach and I smiled. I knew August missed us just as much as I missed him. I couldn’t imagine being away from him this long ever since we were with each other every second of the day except for when he was working.

"Yeah they fine" I said proudly.

"Better be. That nigga had it coming" He said angrily.

I looked at him dead in his eyes. I could tell he was still very angry about what happened.

"Baby he didn't mean to" I said reaching over the table to hold his hand.

He quickly removed his hand and he looked at me in disbelief. He shook his head at me and then he stood up from the table.

"I don't know why you taking up for a nigga who killed my brother and the nigga who kidnapped you plus was gone kill you next" He said loudly.

I bit the inside of my jaw and I looked at him. He had every right to be angry. On the way home we rode in complete silence.

"August." I said as I followed behind him up the steps to the house.

He ignored me as he placed the key inside the door. He opened the door and he walked in. I walked in after him still right behind him.

"August" I said once again.

Still no response.

"August Anthony Alsina" I said with an attitude now.

He turned around with the look of rage written over his face. His veins in his neck look like they were about to pop. I never seen so him so angry before the whole time we been together. I must’ve really struck a nerve.

"What!" He yelled.

"His mom is sick and she has cancer. I promised him we would get her the best doctors we could afford" I said quickly.

"Man fuck his mama" He said walking past me to the front door.

I quickly grabbed his hand and he yanked away from me. My jaw dropped as I looked at him. He was acting difficult.

"He killed my brother" He said with glossy eyes.

"He killed my brother dawg" He said shaking his head.

He licked his lips and he stared at me. I averted my eyes to the ground quickly and then back at him.

"I don’t get you at all. You have no money at all but you offering to pay for cancer treatments. You tell him 40 mill by 8 tonight and I’m supposed to be cool with all that?"