𝒕𝒘𝒐.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ( chapter 2! )*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

two | three old ladies knit the socks of death

third-person pov

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

HELEN TROY didn't know what to do. She tried talking to him, charmspeaking, interventions, but nothing worked. Percy Jackson still believed there had been a Mrs. Dodds.

Every now and then he would spring a Mrs. Dodds reference, expecting some kind of reaction out of everyone. The only one that gave it to him was Grover. As sweet as he was, he was not a good liar.

And not only did his sanity started to drop, but his grades too. From Helen's seat behind him, the only thing she could see was D's and F's. She offered to help him various times for him to only say it was fine. He was very irritable, to the point if she were to insist on helping him, he would snap at her, only to apologize afterward. Helen tried to not let it get to her, but Percy was her friend, she couldn't help but worry.

Finally, when their English teacher, Mr. Nicoll, was asking him why was he too lazy to study for spelling tests ( not taking into consideration his dyslexia ), Percy snapped, calling him an old sot. He was sent directly to the principal's office.

"Anyone else would like to accompany him?" Mr. Nicoll asked, his face so red, he looked about to explode any minute.

Helen stood up in a flash, looking directly at her teacher, before saying "Old sot." She, too, was sent on her way.

She sat outside, waiting for Percy to come out. When he finally did appear, he had a surprised look on his face "What are you doing here?"

Helen smirked, "Old sot suits him, don't you think?"

Percy went red, before looking at the floor with a sad face. It didn't take long for Helen to know why "Expelled?"

Percy only nodded. "Doesn't matter. I'm not coming here next year either. School sucks." Helen tried to cheer him up, but it seemed as it didn't work. He only sent her a tight smile and continued on his way. Helen needed a talk with Chiron.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

It was late in the afternoon when Helen and Grover decided to speak with Chiron. They headed to the faculty offices, knocking on Chiron door before entering.

Grover started, "We're worried about Percy, sir." Helen nodded along, stating "We think it would be better if he came with us to camp."

"He won't be safe, alone all summer," Grover continued, "I mean, a Kindly One in the school! Now that we know for sure and they know too-"