New life

"He is here, Rose..."- It feels like a bubble. Exhaustion but mostly an unknown kind of love is taking over my whole being. A feeling that you can not describe and thought that was not real. "You did it honey..."

Everyone is running around. Complete hectic but for me, the world seems to stand still as I my eyes fall on the most gorgeous little boy I have ever seen in my life as he is being laid on my naked chest.

"Our boy..." Shawn's voice enters my eardrums out of nowhere. I look from my son to my husband, as he is leaning forward, with his eyes focused on our boy.

Our eyes meet, and without a word being said, I know exactly what he feels. All that is needed right now is the kiss he press against my lips. It is no longer the two of us anymore, and we couldn't be any happier.

His cries fill up the room, where I normally hate the sound of crying babies, does this sound like the most beautiful sound in the whole entire world.

"Congratulations. You did it momma."- Abigail smiles at me. I find her standing next to the bed, with scissor in her hands. I have absolutely no idea how long she has been standing there but I could not care, to be honest. "Dad, to you the honors?."

Shawn looks completely lost as he looks between the baby, the scissors and our midwife. Abigail notice and smile. "You can use it to cut the cord."

"Yes, the cord.. of course.."- typical for my husband. I cannot blame him. It is shocking and weird for him as well. I mean, I have carried our son for 9 months. I felt him kick and move. Shawn how ever, did not. Of course he felt him through my stomach but it is not the same.

I look down at my son as he lays on my bare chest. He is covered in blood and some white greasy substance but he still looks handsome as ever. The first thing that I notice is his dark, brown curled hair. I smile instantly. He got that from his daddy. Just like I hope he would have.

"You can cut right here." I hear Abigail say to Shawn.

"This will not hurt them, will it?." Sweet soul..

"No Shawn, they wouldn't feel a thing. Don't worry."

"Alright.." he still does not sound 100% sure. "Like this?."

"Yes perfect. Good job dad." Holy shit. Dad. He is a dad. He is a dad to our kid. Who thought 3 years ago that we would end up in this moment? Not me, that is one thing for sure.

A towel is laid over my boy, probably to keep him warm. Not that he need any. It feels like my body is a heater. I feel so extremely hot.

"Rose, we have to take him away for a short moment."- Abigail appears next to my bed again. With wide eyes I look form her to my small little boy. There is absolutely no way someone is going to take him away. "Only for a little while. We have to give him a little check and you as well. You still have to deliver your placenta."

"It's okay baby. I will stay with him." Shawn gently caress my cheek as he probably notices the panic in my eyes of the thought of giving my baby away with a stranger.

I nod my head slightly and my son is lift off my chest. Immediately I feel cold. It just does not feel right.

"I just need a feel more pushes from you, Rose."- Abigail says to attract my attention as my eyes are on my baby boy, as he is being examined. "Rose, he is in good hands. Believe me. But I really need you to push out the placenta and to check your genital area for any cuts."

Alright Rose. Focus.

"All done Rose." It took me about 15 more fucking minutes to push my placenta out. Thankfully my girlfriend down there is still working. Well, I did not rip and there are no any cuts. That is the good news. It feels like it is on fire though. Every little movement makes it worse. "Everything looks good." The last thing I ever thought I would hear was a woman say that my vagina looks good, but I am grateful for her. She has been taking care of me like a pro.