bokuaka

🍥┆weoweeoweo

The once salmon and pink sky transformed into a vast expanse of jet-black that overtakes the town. A canopy of luminous stars freckled across the ocean of blackness. Some were dull, merely flickering into existence every now and then, but there was an adequate amount of shimmering stars to illuminate the dark, moonless night. The lake glistened, mirroring the dazzling collection of glittering stars.

The fireworks burn with impatience, everything at the speed of a camera flash just bursts through the sky, fiery blooms amongst the stars, vivid colours ignite the otherwise black sky, but bokuto couldn't care less about the fireworks, because he was so entranced by the look on Akaashi's face. It's been a while since he had witnessed such an excited expression on akaashi's face, followed by a wide, heart warming smile.

"bokuto-san?" akaashi suddenly spoke out, his eyes fixed on the mesmerizing view of the fireworks.

"yes, akaashi?" he responded, his eyes glued on to the male sitting beside him.

"are you here to watch the fireworks or to simply stare at me?" keiji plainly asked, his voice never failed to send bokuto's heart racing.

A chuckle escaped from bokuto. Hearing him laugh brought an unfamiliar feeling to akaashi's heart, filling it with happiness. He would often find himself wondering if it were normal for his heart to behave in such a way when he was around bokuto.

Bokuto lifts his hand, placing a finger under akaashi's chin and tilting his head so that they were facing each other. Bokuto helplessly getting lost in akaashi's addictive eyes, which were blue but not the kind of shade that's easy to describe. It was almost like they were both green and blue at the same time, with yellow creeping in around the edges as if it were trying to take over. Akaashi blinked and the beauty was momentarily covered by the shield of his eyelashes; naturally long, luscious and soft looking.

A smile made it's way onto bokuto's lips. "I'm just staring at what amazes me," bokuto spoke, a tint of seriousness fading into his voice.

Akaashi would never admit it, but his heart began pounding against his chest as he heard the words that had escaped from bokuto. He gently nudged bokuto on the arm, turning away to hide the embarrassed look on his face, while bokuto continued staring.

He admired everything about this boy sitting next to him, the way his eyes light up when he smiles, the way he fiddles around with his fingers when he's nervous, the way his voice cuts through bokuto's heart and stops him in his tracks. Everything.

However his smile was quickly replaced by a frown when he realized that akaashi was slowly drifting apart from him. Over the days, he noticed that akaashi was no longer the open book he used to be. Bokuto feels like that building walls is all Akaashi does anymore. 'Am i going lose him?' The thought crossed over his mind.

Bokuto's silence kept akaashi wondering if something was wrong. "Why are you so quiet all of a sudden?" Akaashi asks turning to face the other and he notices the tears rolling down bokuto's cheeks. He quickly reacts by wrapping his arms around bokuto as an attempt to comfort him. "What's wrong? Talk to me please," he says, gently stroking bokuto's hair.

"Akaashi," bokuto whimpers. "you're going to think this is stupid, but i can't take it any longer. why do you keep pushing me away? do you not want me as your friend anymore?" Bokuto managed to say, helplessly pouring out his feelings.

Akaashi pulled away, gently cupping bokuto's cheeks in his hands. He takes a good look into bokuto's face and in this moment he realizes how much the boy means to him. "I don't want to leave your side, bokuto-san. However, I don't want us to be friends anymore." Akaashi spoke, his voice low and bokuto knew it was because he was trying to suppress the urge to cry.

"why not? am i starting to bore you?" Bokuto asked, looking at akaashi with a confused look plastered on his face. Akaashi was quick to shake his head as a response. "Are you an idiot? I'm in love with you bokuto-san. I can't keep being friends with you, I want more than that."

bokuto went silent for a moment before speaking up. "i- i don't want to be friends either akaashi. i think i like you too," keiji's eyes widen at his response and his body reacted on his own, pulling bokuto closer to him until his lips landed on keiji's very own.

as soon as they pull away bokuto speaks up. "I've been in love with you for the longest time, that I've even lost count. Will you marry me?" And with that bokuto brought his face towards the other boy, capturing his lips in his once again, genuinely liking the feeling of akaashi's soft, moist lips on his.

A soft giggle escaped from akaashi when he heard the last part. "yes i will marry you one day bokuto-san, i promise. but for now will you kiss me again?"Akaashi felt his cheeks heat up and he immediately regretted saying such a thing. Bokuto didn't waste anytime before once again, capturing akaashi's soft lips in his.

"Does this mean you're my boyfriend now akaashi?" bokuto twirled around with the lose thread on keiji's shirt. akaashi smiled and intertwined their fingers together. "yea, definitely."

bye im going missing, my writing is embarrassing and cringe. sorry u had to read that, sending lots of love to u<3