Butterfly with Bullet Wings

Ella Lopez arrived at Lux with only one purpose in mind : find Lucifer.

Ever since the showdown with Pierce and his Sinnerman organization, Noone had seen or heard from the consultant. She'd tried asking Chloe before she took off to Europe, but she just gave her a strange look and walked away.  Ella figured that maybe the whole Pierce thing,coupled with Dan refusing to let her take Trixie out of the country, was just too much for the detective to handle.

' Oh well, ' she thought,' I'll figure Chloe out later. Right now I need to find Lucifer '.

She got into the elevator and pressed the button for the penthouse. A keypad opened demanding a code. Luckily, Lucifer was incredibly predictable, and she easily guessed his code was '6969'.

When the doors opened, everything was dark except for the blacklight behind the bar.

"Lucifer?" Ella called out," are you here, buddy?".

She almost turned to leave when no one answered, but then she noticed an odd pile on the balcony. As Ella got closer to the glass doors, she noticed that pile was feathers....large,white, bloody feathers....attached to a person.

"Holy shit! Lucifer!"

She threw open the balcony doors and ran to his side. The wings added so much weight that the tiny lab tech barely got him turned over. It had rained the previous night, so he was soaked and shivering on top of what looked like dozens of bullet wounds.

"Well that explains the crime scene," she muttered," Hey...Luce...buddy...can you hear me? I kinda need your help, cause I'm freaking out right now, not about you necessarily, but sort of about you in the universal scheme of things and....".

"Miss López...." Lucifer said in a raspy voice as his eyes fluttered open, "you're rambling".

"Oh geeze, I'm sorry! Can you tell me what happened?".

"Cain...Pierce," he grunted as he tried and failed to sit up, " he...shot at the detective and I, so I...".

"Used your wings as a shield?".

He nodded slowly," once I got her to safety, came back and killed him...but my devil face came back".

"Devil face?".

Lucifer dropped the glamour and showed Ella his ravaged scars. Normally, he wouldn't have wanted to scare her, but he needed her to see that it wasn't an Angel she was trying to help.

"Oh Luce," she put her hand on his cheek, then pulled it back, " Oh Luce! You're burning up! Is this part of the devil thing?".

"No...I feel too hot, even for me...must be from laying on this balcony since I got back here that night".

Ella's eyes widened. He'd been laying out  in the elements, suffering for over a week! She needed to get him inside, but he was too heavy for her to lift by herself, and it didn't look like the devil could move on his own.