Chapter Six

E L L I O T ' S   P O V :

 Glancing from Shane to Greg, I covered my face in my hands and brought my legs to my chest as I sat between them. 

 "Ell?" They said in unison.

 "Why are you calling her Ell?" Greg questioned coldly.

 "Why are you being a controlling jerk?" Shane shot back.

 "I'm fine! I just need a moment to breathe," I said, trying to think of an excuse for my strange behavior. "Maybe it's because it's almost Christmas and we're sitting at the beach and its eighty degrees out. It feels so wrong."

 Greg placed his arm around me and nodded, "Yeah. I know how much you love Christmas, Ell. We can always go visit your family in Virginia like we used to. It's up to you."

"I don't know..."

 "Elliot," Greg glared at me. "It's tradition. Plus, you know you won't be satisfied unless it snows on Christmas day."

 Shane cleared his throat. "Still here, babe."

 I jumped up to hug him. "I know, you're more than welcome to come. Greg is right about this, I need it. My family would love to meet you, anyway. If you aren't comfortable coming, I completely understand."

 "I would be more than happy to come, if you'll have me," He said, smiling down at me. His hands drifted down to my waist as he kissed my forehead.

 As I reached for my phone, it rang. "Hello?"

 "Hey, Ellie," My brother's voice boomed. "Where have you been? I've been worried sick but I figured you were just with Greg until I stopped by his house today and no one answered."

 "Shit, I'm sorry David. I went to Vidcon with Greg and we stayed a few days longer than I expected. I'm coming home for Christmas, though. Is there any chance you'll be able to make it up to Virginia this year?"

 He sighed. "I'm not sure. I'll call mom and talk to her, she'll have to understand if I'm working Christmas Day."

 "Doubtful, but okay. I'll see you at mom's unless you don't show up." We exchanged our goodbyes and hung up.

//

G R E G ' S   P O V 

I collapsed on my hotel bed for the last time as my mind wandered to what Elliot's family would think of Shane. They would most likely love him. Never mind them making me uncomfortable this year by asking if I was sure Elliot and I were dating, their focus would be shifted to Shane.

When Sarah found out, she didn't bother trying to hide her opinion of the situation. "I am so upset. I mean, shopping can't even cure this. Gregory, you can't be serious!" She whined. 

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Gregory?" 

 Elliot laughed spitefully at her. "Yeah, I wouldn't call him by his full name if I were you."

"Luckily, you aren't me. You wouldn't be able to pull it off," Sarah said, crossing her arms and rolling her eyes.

 Elliot sat on the edge of the bed next to me, seemingly untouched by Sarah's comment. "Sorry, honey. It looks like you're on your own this Christmas. What a shame," She smirked coldly.