L I M E R E N C E || PT. 5

A/N: HI, HI! Well, I think this might be the longest chapter I've posted to date! Lots of interesting things happen, but it moves at a pretty fast pace. Sorry for that and I hope I don't confuse you in any way . As always, feel free to shoot me questions in the comments below and your "likes" are appreciated too.

P.S.  I'm rewatching the series currently and I was reminded of GAMZE. In my opinion, she was much better suited for Can and WAAAAAY more likable than Polen.  Honestly, I thought about changing Polen to Gamze here in the story for no good reason other than I'M SO SICK OF POLEN. I still might! So don't be surprised if I do, mmkay??

 I still might! So don't be surprised if I do, mmkay??

Two weeks later.

Can & Osman

It was feeling colder than usual for Istanbul in June so I decided after a tortuous breakfast with Huma and my father I would stop home and grab a jacket before I met up with Sanem. She had organized a fundraiser for women who had been victims of domestic violence and had strong-armed me into helping out with setting up for the event in the common area at the university. It hadn't taken a lot of convincing to be honest. I was really impressed and surprised by her passion and activism and I felt inspired to get involved. This girl was full of surprises and I was loving every minute of the time we were spending together. Others not so much, I would soon find out.

"There you are, I was wondering where you went off to," Osman called out as soon as I walked into the apartment we shared.

"I was at my mother's having breakfast."I left my shoes at the door and made my way to the kitchen where he sat perched at the Island inhaling a giant bowl of Captain Crunch. "I've been gone all of two hours. Why are you so excited to see me? And nice to see you're enjoying my cereal. Could your bowl be any bigger?"

"Which one?"

I shot him a look. He winced.

"Sorry, that slipped out," he shrugged. "And if it makes you happy I'll throw a few extra bucks in with the rent to cover the cereal."

"What would make me happy is if you actually paid on time. And before you leave for Bodrum would be nice," I said, reaching into the fridge for bottled water.

"Don't worry. I got you," he said, reaching for his cell phone when it buzzed. "Hold on, that's Sanem's ringtone. She must need a ride to work."

"Sanem? What's she up to?" I perked up and instantly forgot about the rent.

"I'm fine, I'm great. Thanks for asking," he replied, edging his tone as he fired a series of texts.

"Problem?" I asked, matching his attitude with a dose of sarcasm.

"Honestly? It's just that lately she spends more time with you than she does with me. I'm not sure how I feel about that."

"What is all this time you're talking about? She's not around any more than usual. We hung out a few times. That's about it. Not that I really owe you an explanation."