twenty

it was already ten in the morning but jisung is still laying flatly on his soft mattress. he doesn't know why he's feeling really blue today. one hour left and hyunjin would be there.

jisung fiddled with the phone in his hand for the nth time, he was bothered by what he was feeling. he was really confused.

now that he thought about it, he doesn't usually invest most of his time talking to someone on the phone. last time he chatted with someone almost everyday was when he was still with minho, for the latter loved to talk. but hyunjin? he's different.

he makes him experience many different things. he loved talking to him, even if all they talked about are just nonsensical bickerings. he, at some time, finds himself waiting for the phone to notify him about the elder's message.

jisung wouldn't want to admit but he definitely didn't like the idea of hyunjin liking someone. he doesn't even want to think about it. but he just can't reject the other's invitation.

a notification sound from his phone stopped his train of thoughts. it was a message from hyunjin telling him to get ready because he would be arriving soon.

jisung sighed, lazily getting up from his bed. he didn't even bother to have breakfast anymore. he quickly got himself ready and after a good twenty minutes, he's already done. he decided to wear an oversized yellow shirt, black ripped jeans, and black converse shoes.

jisung patiently waited until hyunjin arrived. he was wearing a white sweater and black skinny jeans. after some greetings and such, the two made their way to the mall.

"do you have any suggestions on what i should buy?" hyunjin asked, they were currently in the department store.

"i don't know. what does he like?"

"well, he's really interested in music so i think i should gift him with something related to it." hyunjin said. jisung only nodded.

"hey, why are you so quiet? are you alright?" jisung only shrugged then continued to walk while hyunjin was following him. the younger stopped his track, he picked something up then handed it to the other.

"there. give that to him." jisung spoke lazily, clearly not in the mood to talk.

"headphones? you think he would like this?"

"yeah. you said he likes music. he would appreciate that. and you shouldn't give him something too expensive yet. what if he rejects you? you'll be wasting money." jisung continuously spoke.

"i'll get this, then."

the two were about to go to the cashier when jisung spotted a cute squirrel plushie.

"do you like it?" hyunjin asked him. "yeah, but it's too expensive. come on, let's pay for that now so we can go home." jisung said, pointing the box the other is holding.

"are you hungry?" hyunjin asked. jisung was about to say no but his stomach is such a traitor. they were now outside the department store, casually strolling around.

"come on. let's eat. i'll treat you." jisung smiled. he won't say no to free food.

he let hyunjin pick a place to eat since it would be his treat. the elder lead him to a good ramen place that was just around the corner.

while the two waited for their orders, hyunjin spoke "i'm bored. want to play 20 questions? i want to get to know you better."

"how do you play that?" jisung asked, clearly unfamiliar to the said game.

"each of us will get to ask ten questions to the other. we have to answer with full honesty. let's ask alternately, okay? you ask first." hyunjin explained.

"what's your biggest pet peeve?" jisung asked while quietly sipping the water they were given a while ago.

"homophobic people. they are just so annoying. i can't understand them. uhh, how many relationships have you had?" suddenly, there was an unearthy silence.

jisung sighed before answering "only one, with minho hyung. have you ever cheated on an exam?" hyunjin chuckled before answering "who doesn't? what's your special ability?"

jisung carefully thought before speaking "do i have any? oh right! i can imitate doraemon." the younger smiled sheepishly. it was an ability he discovered while he was playing with felix. "what's your ideal type?" jisung asked.

"just... someone who can love me unconditionally, i think? what was your first impression of me?" hyunjin asked curiously. han laughed before answering "annoying as fuck."

"what about now?"

"that's another question, hwang. wait for your turn. have you ever had a crush on your best friend?"

"i used to like seungmin before. that time, i didn't know he's dating jeongin. i was really devastated but what can i do? he only thinks of me as a friend. i don't want to get in between so i tried to forget my feelings. now, i support them 'cause they are just so cute."

"didn't you feel awkward?" jisung asked.

"nope. hey, you just asked me two questions consecutively! it's my turn to ask now. what do you think of me now?" hyunjin asked

"still annoying as fuck." then jisung laughed before continuing "i'm just kidding. you're actually not that bad. uhm, when was the last time you cried?" jisung asked which made hyunjin quiet. there was an awkward silence between the two until hyunjin spoke "last night. i had a fight with my parents. what about you? when was the last time you cried?"

"the last time i cried was probably when minho hyung and i broke up. we were really happy, you know. we would always enjoy each other's company. until one day, we just grew tired of each other and decided to end things. we stayed as friends, though."

"now, he wants us to get back together." jisung continued.

"do you still love him?"

silence

jisung was about to ask his sixth question when the server arrived with a tray of their orders.

"let's continue the game some other time." hyunjin said.

the two started eating, quietly slurping the thick noodles and hot soup. they would occasionally look at each other.

when the two finished, hyunjin dropped jisung at his house.

"thanks for today, ji" hyunjin spoke. jisung only nodded.

after some more talks, they parted their ways and decided to finally call it a day.