chapter 1: Storm Spire

Janai looked across the battlefield. the elves trudging across the messy grass, gathering together or helping their human allies. she never thought she would see something like this. Humans and Elves working together. Khessa wouldn't believe it. A pang of sadness hit her as she thought about her now deceased sister. Rage burned inside of her as she thought of that scene. Of her sisters form dissapearing to dust off the top of the Sun Forge. She closed her eyes, trying to keep her emotions in check. Suddenly, a hand was on her shoulder.

She turned around, her eyes opening once again. She smiled once she realized who it was. It was Amaya, the human she met at the border. The human she fought, first against, then with. Amaya smiled back, then began to make signs with her hands. She noticed the ginger haired boy beside her. who's that? she wondered. He watched her, then spoke. "thank you for helping me, Janai. That was quite the battle." the man said. he must be an interpreter, like Kazi. she realized. "it was. Thank you for your aid." she thanked, giving her the Lux Aurean salute. "and thank you, for your people's help. We couldn't have defeated Viren and his cheated army without you." he said for her. Amaya had a despised facial expression when she talked about Viren.

Janai nodded, looking over at the man once again. "who's your friend?" she asked, crossing her arms. Amaya chuckled, looking at the ginger. He looked away shyly, bringing his arm behind his neck. "I'm Gren, Amaya's interpreter and friend." he explained. Amaya  nodded, confirming the statement. "alright, well nice to meet you Gren." she said to him, putting on a small smile. She looked back to Amaya, now unsure of what to do.

Suddenly, Amaya looked back over to the Spire. She followed her gaze to see the human boy, Callum, coming down from the steps, along with the Moonshadow elf Rayla. Amaya looked fondly at him, and she remembered that he was her nephew. She turned to Amaya, "should we head over to see them?". As she said that, Gren signed what she said. Amaya nodded, and began to walk over to where Callum and Rayla were standing.