CHAPTER ONE

It was just like any other normal day after school.

Elena was at Henry's house along with Charlotte and Jasper. They were suppose to be working on homework but it was currently only her and Charlotte that were working.

Elena and Henry were sitting on the couch while Charlotte was sitting on the floor and Jasper was walking over to them with a tablet in his hand and Elena noticed the image of Captain Man on it.

" Captain Man!" Jasper suddenly said.

Elena rolled her eyes as she continued doing her math homework that was in her lap. " What about Captain Man?" Henry asked as he looked up from his laptop at Jasper.

" Can we focus on Alegabra?" Charlotte asked, but Jasper ignored her and continued to talk about what Captain Man did earlier that day.

Elena looks over at Charlotte. " Just face it Char, It's not gonna happen."

Charlotte sighs. " Yeah, I know."

" Y'know someday when you guys are cleaning my swimming pool because you failed this Alegabra Test and flunked out of school," Charlotte starts to say, earning offensive looks from both Henry and Jasper. " I hope you remember this moment, 'cause I will."

" Yeah, me too." Elena speaks up. Henry playfully glares at her and she childishly sticks her tongue out at him and then continues to do her work.

" Hey, here's a cool job I could do." Henry said.

Elena looked up as he rested his left foot on the coffee table. " Foot model."

Elena stares at him. " Out of all jobs you could possibly do, you choose to be a foot model?"

Henry shrugs his shoulders. " Can't be that bad, right?"

Elena shakes her head and kicks his foot off of the table." You might wanna come up with a better job."

" Hey, can we go over the list for my birthday party?" Jasper asks.

Henry looks over at Jasper while resting his arm over the side of the couch. " Sure."

" No." Charlotte and Elena both say.

" No." Henry quickly says sending a confused look to both of them. Elena gestures to the Alegabra she was working on, referring to the test they had and he rolled his eyes.

" But I've texted a lot of people and nobody texted me back yet." Jasper frowned. " What does that mean?"

" That people have been to your parties before?" Henry asks and Elena chuckles.

Jasper shakes his head as he eats some popcorn from the bowl besides him. " Come on, my parties aren't that bad."

Charlotte looks over at him.
" Christmas. Three years ago. Fifteen kids ended up in the Hospital."

" 'Cause of your raw turkey." Henry said.

" It was turkey sushi." Jasper defended himself and Elena rolls her eyes. " Whatever it was, it ruined everything."

Charlotte nodded in agreement. " A boy almost died!"

Jasper points at her. " Almost!"

" Okay," Henry said, putting his hands up in the air dramatically and then sets his laptop on the edge of the couch and Elena could tell that he was frustrating about not finding a job and it was honestly a bit amusing.

" The first person who helps me finds a job gets..." his voice trails off for a second before he suddenly grabs a bowl of pinecones that was on the coffee table for decoration. " This bowl of pinecones." Elena rolls her eyes as Jasper gasps.