Chapter 11

Val's POV

We look to where Bridget is taking our friends.

Not a moment later, and Poppy jumps off the chandelier we were on. 

"Poppy!" Branch and I say to her.

She parkours all the way to Bridget and grabs on to the tie of the apron.

Branch then looks at me.

"Val, do you trust me?" Branch asks me.

"Uh, yeah?" I answer in confusion.

"Hold on." Branch says a I hold onto him.

I already knew what he was going to do.

Branch jumps off the chandelier and parkours next to Poppy.

I was trying so hard not to scream the whole way over.

Bridget walks down the stairs and enters her room.

We jump off of Bridget and hide under a cart.

Bridget puts the cage on a desk.

"Scullery maid! Wash these pots and pans for Trollstice. The king's inviting everyone. Except you." I hear Chef say as she drops pots and pans onto Bridget from a hole in the ceiling, which I believe connects to the kitchen.

Bridget starts to cry and she lays on her bed.

I felt bad for Bridget.

Bridget stops crying for a bit and grabs a magazine that has a picture of King Gristle on it.

Bridget: I've been alone with you inside my mind.

Bridget starts to cut the picture of King Gristle out of the magazine.

Bridget: And in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times. I sometimes see you pass outside my door... Hello? Is it me you're looking for? I can see it in your eyes. I can see it in your smile. You're all I've ever wanted. And my arms are open wide. Because you know just what to say. And you know just what to do. And I want to tell you so much... I love you.

Bridget finishes her singing and starts to cry again. After a while, she falls asleep.

"Aw, she's in love with the king." Poppy says to us.

"What are you talking about? Bergens don't have feelings." Branch says.

"Are you sure about that?" I ask Branch a I look at Bridget.

"Yeah. Maybe you don't know everything about the Bergens. Now let's go." Poppy says to Branch.

We run over to the desk and climb it. We make it to the top and see our friends.

"Guys!" Poppy says.

"Poppy!" Our friends say to her. They then start to sing.

Cooper, Biggie, Satin, Chenille, DJ, Guy Diamond, Smidge: Celebrate good times, come on.

Poppy: It's a celebration.

Me and Branch shush Poppy and our friends.

The others start to sing quietly.

Cooper, Biggie, Satin, Chenille, DJ, Guy Diamond, Smidge: There's a party going on right now.

"No! There is not a party going on right here." Branch says as he grabs Poppy's scissors and uses it to pick at the lock.

Branch opens the cage and says, "The sooner we get you guys out of here..."

"The sooner we can save creek." Poppy says.

"What?" Branch asks.

"Hello?" We hear Bridget ask as she sits up. We were trying to stay as quiet as possible. "Is it me you're looking for?" She says before laying down and going back to sleep.

We sigh in relief.

"I know you're looking for the cupcakes and rainbows here. But face it, Creek's been eaten." Branch says to Poppy.

"They put him in a taco!" Biggie says.

"It was horrible." Cooper says.

"Sorry, Poppy. Creek's gone." Guy Diamond says to Poppy.

"Poppy, how could you possibly think Creek's still alive?" Branch asks Poppy.

"I don't think he's alive. I hope he's alive, and that's enough." Poppy answers.

"How do you always look on the bright side? There is no bright side here. None!" Branch says to her.

"There'e always a bright side." Poppy says.

Out of nowhere, a bright light shines on us.

What's going on now?