Prolouge

It's hard sometimes. I go outside and I hear his voice. I hear him singing along to the melodies we used to blend together, I hear him say how the stars always make him think of Muse. It's now, walking aimlessly in the dark, that I hear him mumbling the lyrics to the song he'd sing when I'd point out the Big Dipper when we'd walk together talking about nothing, anything and everything at the same time.

Starlight

I will be chasing your starlight

Until the end of my life

I don't know if it's worth it anymore

...

My life

You electrify my life

Let's conspire to re-ignite

All the souls that would die just to feel alive

I'll never let you go

If you promise not to fade away, never fade away

The song was like a promise. A promise he broke, no matter how accidental it was, no matter how little he could've prevented it. He left me even though I was there for him; I was always there for him. I never would've faded away because really, I couldn't have. He was my heart, my moon, my stars, sun, and Earth. Hell, he was my life. Without him, I was nothing and without him, I am nothing.

Sitting here, in the middle of the woods, our woods, I'm wondering what the hell I'm going to do with my life now that he's gone. Now that I've fallen into the black hole of the unrealistic expectations I should've let go before they'd gotten this far. To the point where I actually feel broken because our starlight's burned out.

When Luke has died, leaving Michael, his boyfriend and soul mate alone, Michael is broken. Not only does he blame himself for Luke's death, but so do Luke's parents, his sisters, and most of all Luke's older half-brother Ashton. Michael is left in the memories that keep flooding back, all the remnants of Luke that follow him wherever he goes. Little does he know, memories of Luke aren't the only things following him around, but Luke himself also.

Luke watches Michael. He sees his pain and his struggle, and it hurts him; even in his death, Luke loves Michael and hates the pain and the hurt he's causing him.

This is a story about a dead boy and the love he left behind and how they manage with and without each other. How love is everlasting even through boundaries like death.

@victimofthesystem 2015