Part Thirteen

"And walking out the front door, we have Ms. Iris Haynes," Ashton yelled out from his car. It had been a few hours after the interview and the two couldn't be more eager to see each other again. "Look at her stroll over to the passenger seat, an absolute stunner, isn't she?"

"You're adorable," she said, opening the door and sliding into the seat next to Ashton. "So, where are we headed Mr. Ashton Irwin? I hope you changed your car battery this past week.

Ashton grinned and faced the road in front of him. "I did change the battery, don't worry. We are headed to wherever this car is taking us. And that would be any restaurant of your choice but please keep in mind that we are just taking food to go because I have something planned."

"Okay, perfect. Take the first left," she said almost immediately. Ashton quickly needed to switch to the left lane and turno on his blinker.

"Are you just going to sit there looking pretty and tell me the directions while I drive?" Ashton asks.

Iris laughed, "precisely. I'm also turning on music. Do you mind if I snatch the aux cord?"

"Go ahead." It was seconds after he said those words when he regretted it. "Iris, don't you dare—"

"Hey," Iris sang out loud, "hey, hey!" She ignored Ashtons protests. "Come on! Let me support my favorite drummers band."

Ashton turned down the volume and glanced at Iris before turning his eyes back to the road. "As honored as I am to be your favorite drummer, we are not listening to my bands songs."

"Alright fine." Iris wipes a fake tear away. "Guess I'll have to play some songs from a band that's not as cool as yours." She played shuffle on a random playlist and skipped through songs that were just not the right vibe for their date. "Oh turn right here, the drive through."

"Are we going to In-n-Out?" Ashton asked. Though they were already pulling up to the drive through, he still felt the need to question it.

"Of course we are. Do you have a problem with it?" She asked.

"No," Ashton assured, "it's great."