3

"So you're going to the party ?" Ola asked.

"Yeah "

"And you've not thought about the possibility that this guy is going to be in the party."

"I know he's not gonna come. I know him , he hardly attends party not to talk of small party. So I'm good " I tried to reason.

"But remember that you yourself told me you met him in this same Hassan's birthday"

"That was years ago babe , we're grown now and if I should see him there. Fine no problems as long as he doesn't see her. We're good" she gave me her meanest look.

"You know I have a bad feeling about this right."

"I know you do and I promise you everything would be fine just trust me "

" I don't know what to say anymore. I'm not in support of this" she sighed

"Trust me I'll be fine."

"You'd better be" I laughed.

*****

"Mama" Nayla called as she watched me apply make up. "Yes baby"

"Are we going somewhere ?" Nayla was seated on the bed while i sat in front of the mirror in Debby,s room. I used her makeup kit. i didn't bring mine to Nigeria. Nayla has been watching me since i started the make up. She went everywhere with me since we arrived Nigeria and i haven't informed her that they were going out yet she saw I was getting dressed. So she's confused that was why she asked

"Mama is going for a birthday party. You'll stay home with aunty Debby and grandma."

"Can I come with " she asked quietly. Just then Debby came into the room.

"No baby, not this time. Auntie would be with you tonight. Auntie would bake you a cookie tonight right ?" I asked my sister.

"Yes, would you bake with me?" Nayla nodded

"Come on then, let's start, leave your mom to get dressed " she carried Nayla from the bed and headed downstairs.

I continued with the makeup. I'm known to be the make up free lady but tonight I've decided to try something different. I'm not really perfect but i know one or two things about applying makeup. I knew i would meet some old friends in the party tonight. So I needed to make an entrance.

Hassan and I met years back when I was almost 18. I was just a wild teenager having fun the best way I can. I met him in a party . We danced together and we became friends from that day. We became so close that we partied together almost every time. We even formed a crew . We were so close that I knew some of his family members. I was Invited to some of their family parties also. The wonderful thing is we never dated. The thought never crossed our mind. He was one of my closest back then. It's so sad I had to cut ties with him when I left the country. He was amongst the people I needed to get away from.

I applied my last touch of makeup before putting on my shoe. I was wearing a white jumpsuit that showed my curves perfectly. Standing at 5ft11 plus the heels , my skin popping, I was sure I was good to go. My skin has been glowing as long as I could remember and I made sure to maintain that. I have curves in all the necessary places. I added some belly fat after having Nayla but not to much. Infact it fits my shape perfectly. I already had a wig on. I let my hair down. I grabbed a purse. I stood infront of the mirror and smiled to myself when i saw how good I looked.

I left out the room and went downstairs to the kitchen where i heard voices. Nayla was sitting on the countertop while her aunty taught her how to bake . She turned to me when i came in.

"How do I look?" I asked Debby

"Awww you look good. Very nice " i blushed . I moved closer to my baby

"Gimme a kiss baby " i kissed Nayla on the lips before saying goodbye

"Your uber driver is outside waiting?" Debby informed after receiving a call. I decided to order a ride since I wasn't really familiar with address sent to me . I kissed Nayla one more time "bye girls" I said before heading out. i got into the car and told the driver my destination.

"You made it" Hassan said when he saw me, we hugged briefly. "Girl you're looking beautiful tonight o" he joked. Both of us chuckled

" Let me introduce you to my wife. " he held my hands and led her though the crowd . The party is packed as hell I knew when Hassan meant small party, it's not going to be a small one at all

"Belle meet my very good friend Nessa, Nessa meet my wife Rukky " he introduced.

Rukky was a beautiful lady, she's very fair, fairer that Hassan himself. Hassan is shauwa Arab, Shauwa Arab is a tribe in Nigeria. They are Northerners , they can be said to be Arabs also. They are known for their complexion, long hair and how beautiful they can be. It's obvious Rukky is also shauwa Arab. Hassan had always said he was gonna marry a lady from his tribe.

"Oh hello. " she hugged her " Hassan talks about you a lot. It's nice to meet you " she said smiling

"Nice to meet you too, happy birthday"

"Thank you so much and thanks for coming "

"It's nothing "

"Now let me show you the gang. You know they're going to be here for sure" Hassan stated. I expected that our friends were going to be present. I just pray he's not here also.

He led me to a table where i met some of our friends. Some sat alone while some with their spouse. My eyes scanned through and i heaved a sigh of relief when i didn't see him amongst them

"Guys look who's here. Our very own Nessa " he announced. They cheered when they saw me. I just smiled. I still remember how our crew was. i was the only female amongs five guys. we partied together. Back then, we were just six youth enjoying life in their own way. I was known to be the Tomboy then.

I hugged all of them and said hi to the ladies. we exchanged pleasantries. They kept asking where i was and all that and i just kept her answer short that i left the country.

I took a seat with the guys and ate with them. We took pictures and talked about random stuff.

"Why did you just leave without telling anyone " Emmanuel asked quietly. Emmanuel has always liked me. He told me and asked me to be his girlfriend but i turned him down continuously.

I smiled "nothing really. It was all of a sudden and then I lost everyone's contact when I got there " well I lied i never lost anyone's contact. I purposely didn't contact anyone from my past. Just my family

"So are you back now. Are you staying here finally"

"No.. i have to return, I have a life there now" his eyes widened

"What! you're married now" he asked with a hint of fear. I rolled my eyes at him, playfully but slight irritated.

"No.. I meant work and all that "

"Oh ok. We should hang out one more time before you leave.. you get we...." He was interrupted by Hassan who said

"Look who finally decided to show up. The big boss himself " I turned to see who he was talking about and my heart skipped. I felt like my world has just stopped, well it actually did