Chapter 3- Forge

The Hermes cabin wasn't very impressive. Inside was a bunch of bunk beds against each wall, half of them occupied. The boy that took me inside told me that this cabin held every "unclaimed" demigod, which apparently meant that your godly parent hadn't claimed you yet.
"How do you get claimed?" I asked, climbing onto the top bunk next to the boy's.
"Your godly parent will send you a sign, depending on their symbol." He explained. "For example, if it was Poseidon a blue trident would glow above your head."
I looked above my head, hoping to see a glowing trident, instead I saw the ceiling.
"How long does that take? And I never asked your name."
The boy shrugged. "I'm not sure, I've been here for just under a year and nothing. Oh and my name's Dylan."

I pulled the white sheets up to my chest. I was very tired, a lot had happened in one night. I went to taekwondo, took an exam for my red belt, found a demigod named Zac who then told me that I was a demigod too, flew over New York, landed at camp half-blood in the middle of a serious situation and got sent to bed with a bunch of strangers plus Dylan.

I had already been having a bad day before that. The boys in my year were once again harassing me because I was short and the teachers once again did nothing. Then my dad and step-mum started arguing, which turned into the usual fight. I always took my dad's side in an argument because I knew him better and he treated me with more respect than my step-mum. I didn't have many friends at school because they usually went along with anything the bullies said out of fear. The best that I could do to get any attention most of the time was to annoy people. It sort of made things worse at school but I was already in enough trouble, a little more couldn't hurt.

Sometimes, strange things would happen at school and I wouldn't have a clue why. One time, when I was playing soccer in P.E, a girl shoulder barged me as I was running and I fell over in the mud. I glared at her and she suddenly tripped over. She claimed that the grass had grabbed her foot and yanked her to the ground. I got called to the principle's office because I was the closest person to her. How stupid is that?

Another time, I was running away from a group of bullies that were trying to give me a wedgie. I saw a tree and sprinted to it. The bullies tried to grab me but as soon as I started to climb, I couldn't stop. I was at the top branch of the tree within a few seconds. They stared at me in shock and I thought they would leave me alone for a while, but then all hell broke loose. They called miss Henry, the most strict teacher in the school, who ordered me to come down that instant. I was so angry at those damn bullies that I punched the trunk as hard as I could. The ground started to rumble and the branches starting cracking and splitting. Then the whole tree collapsed and almost crushed miss Henry and the bullies! I climbed out of a pile of sticks and leaves, completely unharmed, to greet a furious miss Henry who sent me straight to the principle's office again.

A bright flash of red light lit up the room from a window facing the bush. I climbed out of bed and ran to it, trying not to wake up the rest of the cabin. The bush seemed to be alive with action in the distance. A couple of trees fell down in the left, followed by another red flash. There was a few seconds of silence before a huge bolt of lightning ripped through the clouds overhead and landed in the middle of the bush. The massive cracking sound that followed the blast made everyone in the cabin bolt upright in their beds. It was like a canon had gone off in the middle of the room. Every tree in the bush shuddered and a couple of them lost all of their leaves.

"What the hell was that!?" A girl screamed.
"Is their a storm going on?" A boy asked, running to another window.
Dylan climbed down from his bunk and joined me at my window. "That must've been Zac."
My mouth dropped open. "Zac! Did that!?"
Dylan nodded. "Yea. He's a son of Zeus so he can control the sky, including lightning."
I suddenly felt extremely lucky. All that time that I was annoying him and asking a million questions, he could've turned me into ashes at the bottom of a crater, but he didn't. I guess it was his mission to get me to the camp alive, so if I got zapped he would've failed.
"Zac rarely uses that much power though." Dylan said, a nervous tone to his voice.
I didn't know what he meant, but I was too tired to ask any more questions. I climbed back up into my bed and fell asleep while everyone stared out the window.