Izuku and Eijiro

It started after Eijiro asked Izuku to train with him.

Usually, Eijiro would ask Katsuki to train with him for the sake of building up his endurance. But after the joint-training battles with Class 1-B, he took Aizawa's advice to heart.

He needs to work on his close-combat skills. Specifically, setting up a situation to his advantage and getting into a direct confrontation when the enemy is attempting to avoid a fight.

With Katsuki, he never wants to avoid a fight, so asking him to change things up when they train together is not an option. Besides, Eijiro would get too used to Katsuki's style of fighting and needed a new training partner to keep things interesting, so why not Izuku?

Since the beginning of the school year, Izuku has shown his determination to be a hero again and again. To Eijiro, Izuku was one of the "manliest" people in their class from when they had their first battle training with All Might.

After the Training Camp Incident, when Eijiro, Izuku, Tenya, Shoto, and Momo went to Kamino to rescue Katsuki, he had newfound respect when Izuku insisted that only he could convince Katsuki to escape with them.

"If we try this plan, I probably shouldn't be the one..." Izuku says with a pained expression on his face before he looks at Eijiro with determination.

"It has to be you, Kirishima. You're the key to our success,"

Anyone with eyes could tell that his best bro and Izuku had... issues. From what he heard, they practically grew up together, but their relationship is messy, to say the least.

At that moment, Eijiro knew that it must've pained Izuku to say those first words. It was like he was absolutely sure that his plan would fail if he reached his hand for Katsuki. But even if it pained him, Izuku still prioritized Katsuki's rescue with ease, which Eijiro found incredibly manly . Not many people could put their emotions aside during missions as easily as Izuku did that day.

And then the Shie Hassaikai Raid happened. There are times that he wished he wasn't put out of commission so quickly by Rappa.

From what he overheard from Ochaco and Tsuyu a few nights after returning to the dorms, Izuku had faced off against Overhaul by himself using 100% of his power. Izuku was continuously breaking his body while fighting the big boss, and the little girl, Eri strapped to his back.

Ochaco had described him as a powerful, turquoise glowing angel. Izuku just sounded so fucking manly that he nearly got caught tearing up at the story as the girls explained it to some of their classmates.

But Izuku only became better in Eijiro's eyes when he found out that he had fought Gentle Criminal on his own right before their live performance for the School Festival a few days after the event. At this point, the red-head didn't know if he was insanely impressed, or somewhat concerned since it seems trouble finds Izuku somehow.

So, he settled for both.

And he had meant to ask Izuku to be his training buddy earlier. He really did have the intention to do so.

But with how much the guy keeps improving despite just getting a handle on his quirk just a couple of months ago, Eijiro couldn't help but feel completely outmatched. Would Izuku even benefit from training with Eijiro when all he has is his Hardening quirk?

Would someone as skilled and amazing and manly like Izuku want to train with someone at plain as him?

So, when Izuku's eyes lit up at the fateful question and said yes, Eijiro was beyond ecstatic. Just as he usually does, Eijiro pushed past his insecure thoughts, finding it unmanly to let them get to him, and he asked Izuku to train with him sometimes a few days after the joint-training with 1-B.