Chapter 1

Dawn Berlitz was at the grocery store with her mom. Her high school had just finished last week, and she was already applying for medical school. She wanted to be a Pokemon Vet when she grew up. She looked to one of the aisles, and saw a gigantic mirror. She looked at it, and saw herself. She looked like a nerd in her opinion, with her glasses and all, but that's what she really was. In high school she'd always study, never go to parties, and always aced her tests. That's how her parents wanted her to be, and that's how she was.

"We got everything we need, dear. Let's go to the check-out aisle." Said Dawn's mom, Johanna. When they approached it, a tall redhead noticed Dawn.

"Dawn? Dawn Berlitz? Wassup, dude?" It was Misty Waterflower, a popular girl at Dawn's school. It seemed like she wanted to be her friend, but Dawn prefered books over friends.

"I'm good." She replied. "Is this a...friend of yours?" Asked Johanna.

"Hi, i'm Misty. Dawn and I were in school together." Misty said. "So, Dawn. What're you doing these days?"

"Nothing much." Dawn replied.

"What do you mean 'nothing much'? She's studying Pokemon Veterinary Science. She's applying for the top medical schools. She'd always get the best grades in school, so she'd obviously get accepted in any college! What're you trying to major in?" Johanna asked.

"Art. Studying's not my thing. Thank Arceus school is over!" Misty replied.

"What're you doing for vacation?"

"Tomorrow me and my friends are going on a mountain trek of the Zima Mountain Range." (A/N The story takes place in Alola, and I made up the Zima Mountains.) "Dawn, you would know them. Ash Ketchum and Gary Oak? My best friends from school? Anyway, great seeing ya dude!" Misty said. She bought her stuff and left.

"Excuse me, ma'am. You're friend left this behind." The cashier said. He handed Dawn a brochure that read 'Zima Mountain Trek.'

An hour later, at Dawn's house...

"Today we met Dawn's friend." Said Johanna. The family was eating dinner, and Johanna loved to gossip. And that's exactly what she was doing.

"She's so wild. She said 'studying is not her thing.' Hmph! Everybody needs an education to get a good job! She's totally wild!"

"Mom, she's not like that!" Dawn countered. "Also, she's not my friend. And not everybody has the same priorities. Not everybody wants to be a vet."

"Hah! Like anyone would hire her to be one." Johanna said.

"At least she's enjoying her life." Dawn argued. She pushed her food away.

"What has gotten into you?" Johanna asked.

"I'd fed up of this stupid life! Misty is going on a holiday with her friends, I study so much I can't even take a break on weekends! And then you with your high expectations and constant nagging!" Dawn left the dinner table and stormed to her room.

She picked up the brochure of the mountain trek. She took out her laptop and went on and searched up 'Zima Trek.'

The next day...

"YES!" Gary screamed. He was at the train station, waiting for Ash and Misty to come. Meanwhile, he and a bunch of other people were watching a cricket match, Alola versus Hoenn.

"Hello!" Misty said as she jumped on him.

"Hi, get off. The cricket game is very tense. Alola is losing 2-1!" Gary replied.

"Whatever. Come, the train's going to come soon." Misty said.

"Well, I don't want to go!" Gary replied. "Why not?" The two turned and saw Ash, walking towards them.

"I can't miss this game! It's Hoenn vs. Alola!" Gary answered.

"You're right. Alola needs you. You stay here, while Misty and I go on the trip. Come, Mist." Ash said. The two began to walk away.

"Wait! You guys are seriously leaving me behind?" He asked.

"Yeah. You don't want to go, so don't go." Ash nonchalantly said.

"Of course I want to go, man!"

"Then come!" Misty exclaimed. The three headed off to the train.

"Hello guys, I'm Will, your trip leader for the Zima Trek. The train will leave soon, so get on board." Said a tall, blonde man.

Meanwhile...

Johanna had just woken up and went to the kitchen to make breakfast. She noticed a letter that said 'Mom' on it. She picked it up and read

"First of all, don't freak out. I'm very sorry for doing this to you..."

At the Train...

Misty, Gary and Ash were all settled in thier train compartment. The train ride was going to take about a day.

"Here, I made ham and cheese sandwhiches. You're fave." Misty said, handing some sandwhiches to Gary.

"Yum" He said, biting into it. "Hey...where's Ash?"

He was outside the train, taking pictures with his camera of the beautiful mosiacs on the roof of the station.

"Excuse me, do you know where the train for the Zima Trek is?" Asked a tall, beautiful bluenette with glasses, a.k.a Dawn. Ash turned around.

"Hey...I know you! Alison, right? We met at Taylor's party!"

"Sorry, but no. I don't go to parties" She replied.

"Oh, you're Stephanie's cousin, right?" He asked.

"No. I'm Dawn. Dawn Berlitz." She said.

"Oh yeah! The teacher's pet! How could I forget those glasses? How're you?" He asked.

"Fine. Where's Will?" She asked.

"He's...wait. Are you going on the Zima Trek?" She nodded. Suddenly, Will came out of the train.

"Oh hey. You're Dawn right? Sorry, but since you signed up at the last minute, we don't have any extra berths." He said.

"What? Can't anything be done? I'll sleep on the floor!" She desperately asked.

"Or you could sleep with me." Ash said. She stared at him. "Not with. We could take turns, or something."

"Okay. That's fine. Now get on the train, unless you want to miss it!" Will joked. He went inside the train, with Ash and Dawn following.

R&R please AND remember to leave suggestion of the name for the story