The Arrival

Switching POV Time
Lapis Lazuli

The headlights glared on the street signs as I drove to my location. I was pissed! After Kevin left I was scolded by both my parents, which was rare because my dad has never cared enough to speak to me.

I know that seems like an exaggeration, but he honestly has never said a word to me. He just sends his personal butler to speak for him. That ticks me off even more. Who cant even speak to his own daughter? Oh but after that little incident, he sure had a lot to say.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

[FLASHBACK]

I stared in shock as my father stormed into the ballroom. Luke Lazuli. The head of the family. He had perfectly groomed navy blue hair that had been slicked back, and a navy blue bushy mustache. Whenever he took a step, the floor shook, and the sound made thunder sound like a pleasant song.

Pumpkin whimpered and snuggled closer to me. I stroked her and tried to be calm, but I was trembling uncontrollably. I had only ever seen my father in pictures, and If he was intimidating then, he's a monster now.

"ARE YOU MAD? WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM," My father bellowed, and I could hear a bit of an accent.

I couldn't speak, and was surprised to get out a whimper. He stopped a few inches away from me and leaned into my face. I could smell a mixture of cologne and alchohol on him when he opened his mouth. He looked down at Pumpkin, who had a bit of blood stuck on her muzzle. I tried to wipe it off before he noticed but...

"It was that dog wasn't it? Give it here!"

I took a sharp step back. What was he going to do?

"No!"

"Lapis, give her to me!"

"No. You won't take her," I yelled stumbling away from him. This seemed to enrage him but then he checked his watch.

"Fine. If you won't give me the dog, then take her with you. Go pack your bags and get out. And if you come back with that mutt-"
"What-"
"- I'll banish you from the bloodline. Be grateful I'm not doing that now."

"Father, you can't," I stammered with tears in my eyes.

"OH YES I CAN!  NOW GO!"

I just stood there staring at him. I didn't even notice my mother sneaking up beside him. She whispered something in his ear and I caught the words 'overdoing' and 'leave'. He growled back something and practically screamed at me to leave.

As I walked out, holding Pumpkin close, I passed Kevin making a smug 'I win' look. Pumpkin's fur bristled and she barked at him but was to busy trembling to do anything more. I walked past him and accidentally stepped on his foot.

I was furious when I got to my room, and the tears that rolled down my cheeks felt like they were scalding hot. I placed Pumpkin on the bed and layed down beside her, crying into my pillow.

[END FLASHBACK]

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-