Mornings Suck

I.hate.beaches. So why not base a Destiel meeting around a beach?

I called the first chapter Mornings Suck because it's the morning rn and the day already sucks.
_______

He already knew who it was outside his bedroom singing Escape by Rupert Holmes.

"..come with me and escape!" Gabriel jumped into the room at the last word, shaking his arms and fingers.

When a slightly awkward silence started to drag on too much, he cleared his throat, "Rise and shine kiddo. It's 11:20 a.m. and we have to get our asses over to the beach for the part-ay. Wanna make sure we're ready when it starts. You know what they say, the early creep gets the sweets."

"Gabe, that isn't how the saying goes. Not at all. It's actually worse than the original."

"Oh."

Castiel sighed and hugged the blanket around him tighter, trying to push his face deeper into the pillow, willing himself to fall back asleep. Castiel had already grown accustomed to Gabe's urges to drag his little brother along to any social event he could take him. Despite the fact that he no longer cared about where they went, as long as a book was brought along, Castiel was never taken out so early for a party. One more thing. A small detail really.

He hates beaches.

He hated the sand that always found their way through absolutely everything. He hated the amount of people who crowded the area. He hated the sun baring it's rays down at him and the water in general. The wind made it difficult  to read and insects, crabs, spiders, fish,and just -animals,  they were everywhere. He barely even knew how to swim anyways.

Castiel pointed it out to Gabriel in his half sleep state.

"Oh I know Cassandra, you silly golden goose. I'm your brother, I still even know when you first pissed your- " Gabriel was surprised but didn't flinch when a pillow appeared in front of him out of no where and smacked him square in the face.

Castiel was starting to sit upright, messing with  his hair and yawning, "Shut up, you ass. I was a kid."

Gabriel played with the lollipop in his mouth, letting it clack against his teeth. Castiel thought it was a complete miracle he didn't have cavities with such a sweet tooth.

"Anyways, your big ol' brother here was nice enough to hook you up with a swimming instructor. Because he just loves and cares about  you so much."

Castiel furrowed his eyebrows and stared at Gabe.

"Wait so, we're going to a party-and by "we" you mean you- and meanwhile I'm going to get a babysitter watching me the whole time?"

The sweet toothed boy wagged his finger, "No no no, he's not a babysitter, he's an instructor. There's a fine difference. And he even agreed to do this last minute for you. You should be grateful, this is coming out of my own pocket too."

"Considering the amount of money you're given every week, I don't think it's that big a deal, Gabe."

"Shut up you're ruining the gift."

Castiel was already up and fixing his bed, "Doesn't that require me having to actually get into the water though?"

"Well duuh, c'mon where's the smarty pants I grew up with?"

Like he would ever do that. There is absolutely no way he's going to ask for someone to teach him how to swim. And near a party too, probably full of kids from school.

"No Gabriel. I refuse to. I didn't even give consent to this. Cancel and just let me sit in a bench under the shades and I'll be fine."

Gabriel left the neat bedroom for a few moments, rushing back in with a box, some swimming trunks, and a sunblock bottle, all gathered up in his arms .

Gabriel tossed the trunks at Castiel, and then the bottle, which almost hit Castiel's chest before a quick and clumsy hand caught it.

The box was still in Gabriel's hands and Castiel's curiosity made him to ask, "What's in the box?"

Gabriel smirked, "Well, if having the benefit of knowing how to swim wasn't enough to convince you, then I've got a few.."interesting" facts and photos about you all stuffed into this little puppy."

Castiel glared at Gabriel's smug face and squinted with suspicion, "Like what?"

Gabriel placed the box on Castiel's neat desk and laughed, "Cassie, do you remember your first truth or dare a few months ago at Benny's party?"

Castiel tensed up, "All I remember is you dragging me into a room where there were a group of strangers sitting down. You handed me some drinks and I barely knew what happened the next morning, waking up on someone's roof. It was not a fun experience."

Gabriel tapped his fingers on the box, his voice was singing teasingly, "Oh Cassie you didn't know I had a camera, oh and the things you did, you don't even wanna know. You'd probably be thrown out if Naomi found out. Wouldn't it be just a plain shame if I, oh I dunno, happened to have copies on my phone and printed them and they appeared in school, or my thumb just accidentally tapped, "send to all contacts." Oh you know how the family would get."

Castiel huffed and pushed past Gabriel, heading for the bathroom down the hall.

Gabriel shouted as Castiel kept walking, "I have way more stuff to pick from! And don't think I won't do it! Remember seventh grade?"

He stomped on, his bare feet against the cold floor, a quick glance at a mirror he passsed reminded him that he was in his red sweater and his sweatpants. He always liked to fall asleep with cold air and warm clothes.

After a short pause, Gabriel called out, again "So is that a yes?"

Castiel didn't care anymore. He certainly didn't want Naomi finding out about attending any of those parties, she'd believe Gabe more than she'd ever believe Castiel. Gabriel was his closest brother, but he was such a jerk at times. Oh well, maybe  it would actually help. So he yells out a "Fine, brother." and an annoyingly over excited cheer followed.

____

I'm so tired I bet I typo'd the living crap outta this one jeezuz.

- So it's the afternoon and I'm posting this now. Jfc the first draft of this looked like I wrote this while I was high. I mentioned stripping and streaking and omg why so many naked people thoughts.