Chapter 6

Y/N checked over her bag, making sure she had everything. She didn't want to forget something and it end up being something she'd really need during her phase.

When she was certain everything was in place, she turned to Tyler and spoke, "I'm heading out. Please, please, please don't get yourself killed while I'm gone. It's one night, just the one. I'll be back in the morning."

Tyler chuckled, "You know, it's not my intent to just die."

She shrugged, "It doesn't seem like it sometimes."

Tyler shook his head and laughed. Y/N punched his shoulder, "You know, you can come with me. Get in touch with your wolf a little more."

Tyler shook his head, "I'm good."

"Come on! It's great experience!" Y/N begged, "It'll be fun...once you get the hang of it."

Tyler denied as he said, "No, you have fun running around the woods at night on four legs."

She defended, "Hey, it's peaceful."

"It's a little too eerie for me." He continued.

Y/N shook her head as she got in her car, "Okay. I'm going to head out. See you tomorrow."

He nodded and waved as she got in her car and headed out.

She found herself at the edge of the woods. She stopped the car and grabbed her bag, doing one last check before starting her walk.

She took in a breath of fresh air, one of the many things she liked about the woods. As she walked, she took the time to look around her familiar surroundings. She'd walked this place so many times to clear her head, to shift.

It'd helped. It was the closest thing she'd have to home since her father died. Sure, Tyler was her family, and she considered him as such...but he didn't quite fit the right way.

The sun began to set as she found her way to the Lockwood Cellar. She made her way inside and began to set up.

As she began to unload, her phone buzzed. She grabbed it and checked her messages. She smiled as she saw the message that had been sent by the Mikaelson that had brought her home just last night.

Elijah
Dinner? Tomorrow at 7?

The note was short and simple, but it hit somewhere with Y/N and she couldn't help her smile when it grew.

Y/N
Of course, why not?

She waited patiently for his response, which didn't take too long to send.

Elijah
Wonderful. I'll pick you up. No need for anything fancy. Whatever makes you comfortable.

Y/N smiled at the sweetness of his text. She knew she shouldn't trust him so quickly. He was an Original for Pete's sakes! But something just seemed so...right with him. It was like she didn't need to second guess anything around him.

Y/N
Okay. See you then.

She put her phone in her bag after she turning it off. She grabbed a blood bag, some vervain and some wolfsbane, mixing it together in a cup. She took a deep breath before quickly downing the cup, doing her best to stand the sting that ventured down her throat and lingered on her tongue.

Just because she had control over her wolf, doesn't mean she has to be any stronger than she actually was.

She coughed as the sting lingered in her a little longer than she would have liked. When she calmed down, she checked outside, seeing the moon rising up in the air.

Y/N went back into the cellar, setting her extra pair of clothes to the side and getting her chains out just in case she ended up needing them.

When she was ready, she could feel the moon pulling her. She calmed herself down before allowing herself the shift, the act like riding a bike.

As her wolf took over her senses, glad to be free, her feet took off. She ran right out of the cellar, finding herself surrounded by trees once again.

Y/N ran through the woods, the moonlight shining through the trees and giving enough light for her to be able to see. She reared her head back and let out a howl. She'd missed this.

As she ran, wind whipping against her face, she couldn't have felt more free. The wolf inside of Y/N hadn't been out in a while. There had been stuff going on with Tyler lately, so she had to be around as a human a lot more than when she was first able to shift freely.

She slowed down to a soft trod, walking around the wood in search of something to do. Y/N would have settled for a walk in the moonlight, if her wolf hadn't had the certain urgency to hunt at the first sight of a living animal.

When she saw the rabbit in the shadows, its nose twitching and its ears perking up as it stayed focused on its surroundings, Y/N's wolf couldn't help herself.

She moved behind a tree as she stalked her prey, crouching low and waiting for the right moment to attack. As she got ready to spring from her place, another sound caught her ears.

Y/N's ears perked up at the sound of a woman's laugh. What the hell were people doing out on a full moon? People who lived in Mystic Falls had at least some sense, right? They would know not to wonder around the woods on a full moon?

Y/N tried to restrain herself as she tried to get herself to calm down. The last thing she needed to was to have someone's blood on her hands because she couldn't control herself in her wolf form.

She tried to restrain herself but the idea of hunting bigger game interested her wolf. The next thing she knew, she was running, finding her way to the humans who had wandered into the woods.

As she hid herself, she watched the two couple kiss against the big tree. Y/N crouched, her senses being taken over by her hunting instinct. She wasn't in control anymore, her wolf was.

As she got ready to spring, something stopped her. The couple heard the noise, the shuffle of leaves, and began to walk away like a sensible person.

Y/N turned around and snapped at whatever had stopped her. When she saw the person who'd caught her, it was like she was immediately brought back to reality.

Her wolf backed off, her hunting instinct now gone as she calmed herself. "So this is what you do when you shift?" Elijah began, "Hunt people."

A small whine escaped her throat as she thought about what she had almost done. She walked past him, heading in another direction to try and save herself another encounter with humans.

Elijah followed, probably trying to make sure she didn't get herself into anymore trouble. She tried to keep her occupied with anything else, save herself some guilt for another day.

She walked through the wood, silence settling in. She didn't make a sound. She didn't whine, sniffle, snort. Just silence.

"You didn't mean to attack them, did you?" Elijah asked, finding the meaning in her silence.

She turned around then and whined as she looked at him. If her eyes didn't show anything, the whine got the job done.

Elijah kneeled in front of Y/N, cautiously holding a hand out and placing his hand on her furry cheek.

"I see." He spoke quietly. Again, he softly mumbled under his breath, the movement of his lips so small that she wondered if he'd moved them at all, "You're still her..."

Y/N tilted her head and wondered what he meant by that. 'You're still her."

She leaned her face into his hand for a few seconds before turning around to wander around the wood a little longer. Elijah stood and followed, curious as to how she wasn't attacking him like a werewolf would have done.